Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season Part 2 - RIP Elgin Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I still can’t get over that +170 line on Baylor. I bet Baylor but part of me wanted to see Gonzaga run the table for the history of it. You could tell from the opening tip they just wanted it more. I do wonder if UCLA puts up a better fight but no one in the country was hanging with em the way they shot and rebounded that first half.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Huge difference between the top 3 teams in the East, and the mediocrity of seeds 4-10.
Top 3 teams are all ones who were aggressive and made their roster better instead of just sitting back and doing very little. Sixers adding shooting to their stars who like to play around the paint and a coach with championship experience, Nets got all 3 of Kyrie, KD and Harden within 18 months and the Bucks went out and got Jrue. Meanwhile the Celtics lost every important ufa they have had and decided to use 9 first round picks since 2016, it took until the Celtics didn't have multiple 1st round picks for Ainge to make a midseason move.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Top 3 teams are all ones who were aggressive and made their roster better instead of just sitting back and doing very little. Sixers adding shooting to their stars who like to play around the paint and a coach with championship experience, Nets got all 3 of Kyrie, KD and Harden within 18 months and the Bucks went out and got Jrue. Meanwhile the Celtics lost every important ufa they have had and decided to use 9 first round picks since 2016, it took until the Celtics didn't have multiple 1st round picks for Ainge to make a midseason move.
why the constant comparison to the trash Irving, that name should be banned from posting, period what exactly have the New York/New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets done in the history of the NBA, THEY couldn't even keep Erving from fleeing to Philadelphia

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
as of now, Celtics do not have a 2 Guard named in the game notes for tonight's Knicks game;

otherwise, the 2 Jays, and Smart and RW III are listed;

no Walker or Fournier tonight, Walker is due to the B2B

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
as of now, Celtics do not have a 2 Guard named in the game notes for tonight's Knicks game;

otherwise, the 2 Jays, and Smart and RW III are listed;

no Walker or Fournier tonight, Walker is due to the B2B

Hi, isn't Fournier out ill? We know about Walker "B2B" so who do you expect Tristan? Thanks

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Thompson was good tonight, nice return to the line-up. Tatum with too many turnovers. Marcus makes a couple of timely 3's. I really like Jaylen Brown.

Still not gonna make any noise in the playoffs I don't think. But who knows.

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Thompson was good tonight, nice return to the line-up. Tatum with too many turnovers. Marcus makes a couple of timely 3's. I really like Jaylen Brown.

Still not gonna make any noise in the playoffs I don't think. But who knows.
It looked like Brown’s team tonight.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Tonight's game was sloppy on both sides but especially on the Celtic side. They can get away with this type of play against the Knicks but good teams will bury them.

Marcus Smart set the fire in the fourth for himself and the team.

I felt the Tatum was more sloppy than anyone on the team. He turned on his scoring as if he wanted to be the big hero, but Marcus Smart stole the show in the fourth.

Fine line where they want to wind up, what number if they make the playoffs.

Tristan Thompson had a big night for a guy just returning.

Jaylen Brown had a big night all night long.

Robert Willians III had another not so great night that is two back to back. Stevens likes veterans down the stretch so maybe Robert has hurt himself as a starter.

Keep winning Celtics. No nights off.
Timberwolves on Friday at home, a must win, should be something they can do. Go Celtics

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They were by far at their worst with Langford and Williams out there but it’s nice to see them getting minutes. I think they like Langford a lot

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think you are correct, Langford may have found a home.
THAT was the weird thing though, it wasn't announced until 6:45 that Romeo would start hence the weird game notes going into that game.

TT , was only supposed to be a bit of a minutes restriction after 13 games AWAY.

the end of the homestand is Friday. then a 3 game trip to Denver/Portland/LA;

BTW, Last in the conference is below 11th, or where Minnesota is in the West, MF, ALL they need to do is stay above 11th, because they're now the 7 seed after last night, 7, 8, 9, and 10 get you to the play in Tournament in May

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
They added a couple guys, but Doc has made all tbe difference in the world for that team, particularly with Embid

If you say so. I don't follow. I am a Celtics fan regardless of how things pan out. Just like I am a Bruins and Patriots fan. I follow closely the NJ Devils, 49ers, Islanders during the playoffs, and the Sea Hawks.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
THAT was the weird thing though, it wasn't announced until 6:45 that Romeo would start hence the weird game notes going into that game.

TT , was only supposed to be a bit of a minutes restriction after 13 games AWAY.

the end of the homestand is Friday. then a 3 game trip to Denver/Portland/LA;

BTW, Last in the conference is below 11th, or where Minnesota is in the West, MF, ALL they need to do is stay above 11th, because they're now the 7 seed after last night, 7, 8, 9, and 10 get you to the play in Tournament in May

All good to know.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If you say so. I don't follow. I am a Celtics fan regardless of how things pan out. Just like I am a Bruins and Patriots fan. I follow closely the NJ Devils, 49ers, Islanders during the playoffs, and the Sea Hawks.
THAT'S the way the NBA avoids what we saw in 2020, and what the G-League did earlier this season.... where you went to Disney for the NBA AND that odd 6 game tournament before last season's run by the Celtics to go all the way only to lose to Miami, who had taken out Milwaukee.

it's also why Toronto is in Tampa and the reason why Scotiabank Arena and Rogers Arena in Edmonton were employed to complete 2019/2020 for the NHL.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
THAT'S the way the NBA avoids what we saw in 2020, and what the G-League did earlier this season.... where you went to Disney for the NBA AND that odd 6 game tournament before last season's run by the Celtics to go all the way only to lose to Miami, who had taken out Milwaukee.

it's also why Toronto is in Tampa and the reason why Scotiabank Arena and Rogers Arena in Edmonton were employed to complete 2019/2020 for the NHL.

Thank you

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad