Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season III - Great Start, Let's hope it continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My theory is that Leiter is sandbagging it the last month before the draft so he doesn't have to go to Pittsburgh or Texas

I think Fangraphs had a note a couple of weeks ago that he's trying to price himself down to Boston. He could probably make up the difference in money via endorsements. I'd be interested in hearing an agent's perspective on the potential $$$ value of going to a larger market team as a draft pick.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Richards blows. Hopefully at some point he puts the spider tack drama behind him. He just seems like a very fragile guy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I noticed the curveball was way more rainbowy in the latter part of his outing. Noticed the change ups too, didn’t think they were awful for something we hadn’t really seen

With sinkers (and I believe a few other pitches) you either want the spin to be really high or really low. You have problems when you find yourself in the middle. Seems like he figured he’d go really low with the spin. Generally speaking on harder stuff you want to be lower than 1800 or higher than 2600

Santana’s homer came on his old style curve that did nothing. The others were on 4 seamers.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Fangraphs had a note a couple of weeks ago that he's trying to price himself down to Boston. He could probably make up the difference in money via endorsements. I'd be interested in hearing an agent's perspective on the potential $$$ value of going to a larger market team as a draft pick.

Basically he has the leverage to force his way to his team of choice.

Being the kid of a pro, he doesn't need the money and can just go back to Vandy if he doesn't like who took him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I noticed the curveball was way more rainbowy in the latter part of his outing. Noticed the change ups too, didn’t think they were awful for something we hadn’t really seen

With sinkers (and I believe a few other pitches) you either want the spin to be really high or really low. You have problems when you find yourself in the middle. Seems like he figured he’d go really low with the spin. Generally speaking on harder stuff you want to be lower than 1800 or higher than 2600

Santana’s homer came on his old style curve that did nothing. The others were on 4 seamers.

One of the best curveball/breaking ball pitchers I ever saw in terms of visual appeal: Greg Harris. That guy could throw some arcs.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Santiago suspended 10 games. Probably gonna end up in front of an arbiter

they didn’t announce what substance it was, which leads me to believe it’s rosin and sweat because this league is a Mickey Mouse operation

This isn’t going to fly if true. What’s the point of establishing the chain of evidence if they aren’t going to test it?

Reactions: sarge88

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Took the old man out to the old ballpark.
9C7CA377-2533-44B5-94CB-DB1CC64BF4AD.jpeg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yaw cousin from Boston is sitting behind me, imparting life lessons on his son.

“You f***in manage yaw home, manage yaw finances. I’m ahticuting to you what my fahthah nevah told me. My mothah was old school, Irish, went tah church.”

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Trevor Bauer is under investigation for assaulting a woman
He's claiming it was just rough sex and consensual.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Cubs scored 7 runs in the top of the first inning in Milwaukee

They're currently losing 14-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad