Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season - Celtics extend their lease at TD Garden through the 2035-36 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Walker: 3P; 1 of 12 terrific and FG; 5 of 21 outstanding. lot of failures from other players. Danny, do something. I am not ready to write the year off. Maybe I should give up.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Walker: 3P; 1 of 12 terrific and FG; 5 of 21 outstanding. lot of failures from other players. Danny, do something. I am not ready to write the year off. Maybe I should give up.
I am gonna stick with them...lol. Williams was impressive today & Theis played well also.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Didn't catch the game but another bad 4th quarter looking at the box score. Was it more of the same garbage iso ball not looking to get anyone open for a shot while Stevens is on the bench not taking control of his team?

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Didn't catch the game but another bad 4th quarter looking at the box score. Was it more of the same garbage iso ball not looking to get anyone open for a shot while Stevens is on the bench not taking control of his team?
Chaos again when they started to lose the lead

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Chaos again when they started to lose the lead
Just a soft team. Soft players and a coach who can't get them in line when they start to collapse in games. The celtics badly needs a couple dogs in the locker room like Crowder, IT and Rozier were a few seasons ago because Smart is the only player who fits into that category now and the bench is mostly young players who don't help you when you need some experience

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Just a soft team. Soft players and a coach who can't get them in line when they start to collapse in games. The celtics badly needs a couple dogs in the locker room like Crowder, IT and Rozier were a few seasons ago because Smart is the only player who fits into that category now and the bench is mostly young players who don't help you when you need some experience

Man I loved Crowder, they need some snarl for sure.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
It's enough of a trend. We've got to stop it.

This is what Steven's said about the 4th quarter

Problem is that when the other team starts making a run, the Celtics keep shooting and missing 3s. Bad shooting is contagious for this team. Just pass the ball inside, drive it, get fouled but stop shooting the damn 3 when you keep missing while the other team is getting layups.

Reactions: pgm16

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I just looked at the updated standings and Boston is only 1/2 game ahead of the freaking NY Knicks. Hold on......I know it's around here somewhere.....oh wait - here it is:

panic-button-vector-id165955330

Reactions: EvilDead

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Problem is that when the other team starts making a run, the Celtics keep shooting and missing 3s. Bad shooting is contagious for this team. Just pass the ball inside, drive it, get fouled but stop shooting the damn 3 when you keep missing while the other team is getting layups.

The thing is that this has been an issue for years and it isn't changing. The offensive approach of this team has been god awful. And I feel that way specifically about Tatum, tbh. There are many flashes of Tatum being elite when he slashes to the hoop. But yet he insists on taking turn around fade away jumpers in 1 vs 1 situations, even against smaller players. He also tends to take 3 pointers very early in the shot clock, especially after a basket against.

So who does that fall on? Is it coaching or the approach by the players. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new coaching staff in here.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The thing is that this has been an issue for years and it isn't changing. The offensive approach of this team has been god awful. And I feel that way specifically about Tatum, tbh. There are many flashes of Tatum being elite when he slashes to the hoop. But yet he insists on taking turn around fade away jumpers in 1 vs 1 situations, even against smaller players. He also tends to take 3 pointers very early in the shot clock, especially after a basket against.

So who does that fall on? Is it coaching or the approach by the players. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new coaching staff in here.

Agree....so many times when behind, Tatum will take a fall away or a three after running the clock down so far there is no time for a rebound after a miss

Also there has been too much freedom to fire away from 3 instead of making the smart play and getting a much better shot

Reactions: N o o d l e s

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not a big NBA guy and don't really follow closely until the playoffs, but are things that bad this year with the Celtics? I know Kemba was hurt and they lost Tatum for a little bit with the Covid exposure, but .500 30 games in? Ouch.

Also, the Jazz have the best record in the NBA? How did that happen?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
well, the Raptors have lost their 2nd top assistant coach, as MIN finally pulled Ryan Saunders after 3 + seasons and a 7-24 start to this season; Indiana took TOR'S TOP assistant in the offseason, now Chris Fitch is bolting Toronto for Minnesota starting Tuesday.

Ryan Saunders was 43-94 and had tenure in that organization because of his father, Flip Saunders.

again, the the curse of Glen Taylor haunts this franchise.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'm not a big NBA guy and don't really follow closely until the playoffs, but are things that bad this year with the Celtics? I know Kemba was hurt and they lost Tatum for a little bit with the Covid exposure, but .500 30 games in? Ouch.

Also, the Jazz have the best record in the NBA? How did that happen?

The Jazz are pretty loaded at multiple positions tbh. Mitchell and Gobert are a great 1-2 and they have a lot of great supporting pieces. They can really shoot.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad