Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season - Celtics extend their lease at TD Garden through the 2035-36 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Danny Ainge on Potential James Harden Trade: 'The Price Was Really High For Us' | SLAM

Celtics' Danny Ainge: Won't 'Trade Away All My Young Assets to Get Some Veteran'

Celtics GM Danny Ainge says it's 'unlikely' they'll make a blockbuster trade

Danny Ainge says Celtics almost traded Nets' draft pick at deadline

Re-read my post. The other guy accused me of mentioning a Tatum trade. Get real, I don't have time to research every free agent since 2003. My tense was correct. If you start an action in the past and continue it into the present that's present tense. "Ainge refuses to make blockbuster trades". "LeBron plays basketball".

Let's be honest. You're defensive casual NBA fans who have no idea that I'm just repeating what reality (see the links above) and every NBA analyst I've read or seen has been saying about Ainge for 18 years.

Ok so you think they should have traded Jaylen Brown + for James Harden- a guy who does not want to be here long-term, is on the wrong side of 30, and who has won absolutely nothing. Great call.

No need for the personal attacks, it makes you look 12. Just because you bring no substance doesn’t mean you need to go there. As far as the “analysts” go they also criticized the Brown pick and Tatum trade + pick, if you’re going off of what ESPN talking heads say then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s a reason why they’re where they are and Danny has won a championship while being employed as the GM for almost two decades by one of the most prestigious franchises in sports

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm not on the 'Kemba sucks, fire him into the sun' bandwagon, but it's crazy how since he returned, they're 7-13. That coincides with the COVID postponements, so that probably played a factor as well, but they've won two games in a row once in that 20 game stretch.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not on the 'Kemba sucks, fire him into the sun' bandwagon, but it's crazy how since he returned, they're 7-13. That coincides with the COVID postponements, so that probably played a factor as well, but they've won two games in a row once in that 20 game stretch.

Kinda reminds me of when Gordon returned from his injury and they just kept jamming him down our throat. It’ll be a net negative this year to play him such big minutes but hopefully by the end of the season Kemba has returned to form. I’m more concerned about his defense than his offense

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Another loss; I am so tired of watching Kemba Walker play both offense and defense. Especially poor defense.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Another loss; I am so tired of watching Kemba Walker play both offense and defense. Especially poor defense.
last night actually wasn't Kemba, Brad, or anything else. it's just Luka hitting 2 threes, and difficult contested shots that just happened to go in.

some of you forgot though, what was Jayson's 1st shot against Giannis and the Bucks on opening night at the Garden... the same shot that just happened to bank in for the game winning 3, keep in mind, it was great seeing the original Dallas logo @ the AAC seats.... (for those that may not remember, the M with a Stetson hat).... also Dallas hadn't played due to the severe weather going into that.... the Mavericks have only been around for 42 seasons... 1980 and Donald Carter was their original owner, not Cuban.

again, tonight, Kemba will miss his 2nd game against Atlanta, since it falls on a back 2 back.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
last night actually wasn't Kemba, Brad, or anything else. it's just Luka hitting 2 threes, and difficult contested shots that just happened to go in.

some of you forgot though, what was Jayson's 1st shot against Giannis and the Bucks on opening night at the Garden... the same shot that just happened to bank in for the game winning 3, keep in mind, it was great seeing the original Dallas logo @ the AAC seats.... (for those that may not remember, the M with a Stetson hat).... also Dallas hadn't played due to the severe weather going into that.... the Mavericks have only been around for 42 seasons... 1980 and Donald Carter was their original owner, not Cuban.

again, tonight, Kemba will miss his 2nd game against Atlanta, since it falls on a back 2 back.

I understand your point and agree with you. Kemba just frustrates me, his weak defense in general, and then his shot percentage on most nights. It seems like he wasn't the right choice for the present Celtics team.

I am not quiting on them. They are my NBA team, I am a fan.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Kemba for a professional is too inconsistent. Last night's game he was schitt for the first 3 periods then he shows up in the fourth.
His knee is cooked. All they can do is manage his games and minutes. He plays better when they have a few days off between games.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
remember, they're doing this without Smart for the last 2-3 weeks
They were 9-8 before Smart got injured. Smart is a great role player but him coming back isn't going to turn into the celtics winning 75% of their games. Not when your stars are playing low iq basketball, with a coach who has zero offensive system and a terrible bench that don't provide much offensively and are terrible on defense

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
They were 9-8 before Smart got injured. Smart is a great role player but him coming back isn't going to turn into the celtics winning 75% of their games. Not when your stars are playing low iq basketball, with a coach who has zero offensive system and a terrible bench that don't provide much offensively and are terrible on defense
false:

who's the Defense on the court, Bernie..... the way Pierce and Bird were.... it's Marcus

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I still think Ainge is a good GM but that doesn't automatically mean he is the best option for this current situation. At first I thought we might need to wait a few years to build around Tatum and Brown but the issues we're seeing are bigger than I thought. Wyc really should be asking questions right now and make a determination if Danny is still the guy, if Brad is the right guy and if you can build a team around Tatum and Brown. Everything should be on the table.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Ainge should get a couple more seasons to fix the mess he's made with the middle to bottom of the roster. The NBA is such a fast moving league that not making a in-season trade in over 6 years is crazy for a team that has been capable of making the finals since then. Danny got burned by Kyrie but he gave up a IT with a bad hip, Crowder, Zizic and the pick that turned into Sexton for him, so even with Kyrie dipping after 2 seasons it was still a good trade.

The nba is such a fast moving league now that the inaction and using all those first round picks while you're a contender should be a fireable offense if you don't have the goodwill built up that Ainge has. Just look at Brooklyn within 20 months they went from having a core of D'angelo Russell, Caris Levert and Dinwiddie to Durant, Harden and Kyrie and should win the title this season

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not a basketball guy and more a casual fan so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but my impression from the outside is that Danny spent years just accumulating packages of picks, trade exceptions, cap space, etc. in order to make *the* big trade down the road. And along the way the team seriously overachieved under Stevens with a few ECF appearances and even being a game away from beating Lebron a few years ago. And last year into this year they've looked like the core was one big piece away from contention.

And yet despite it all, despite the dozens of first rounders he's had in the last 6-7 years and the massive trade exception he got, he's just not pulled the trigger on that.

It's like he got a coupon for 90% off a large pizza that expires in a day and he's sitting there like "Do I really want pepperoni? Would sausage go better with the drinks I have? Or maybe Supreme. Am I even that hungry right now? I don't know if I need a pizza after all. It has to be the right pizza. I don't know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad