2021 QMJHL Draft

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
I never saw enough games to rate even the NB/PEI base teams. I could go by how they performed last year but as you know that doesn't hold any merit. To be good in your last year Major Batam compaired to their first year Major Midget is a big jump. I tried to watch a couple of games streamed but the quality of the picture wasn't great to say the least and the camera was never in the position or area where I needed to watch certain players without the puck. The players I suspect will be in the top 20 in the Atlantic zone may be the same as the rest of you guys in this forum. Now rating them, then the discussion starts. Too early to tell for me.... Someone else can take a stab at a list to start discussion.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I've heard whispers about their list and as someone who as followed these guys for a couple years, what I've heard is pretty far from reality.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I've heard whispers about their list and as someone who as followed these guys for a couple years, what I've heard is pretty far from reality.
These lists are always way off. They change dramatically from Dec to May. It is always a good discussion point however.

archie

Apr 5, 2018
So very true,,, These kids are a work in progress, where they are now and where they will be in 4 months from now can vary greatly! Those that come to work every night, and are focused, skilled and level headed do improve at a much faster rate than others" Far too early to pass judgement, only an opinion forming period..

hockeylife11

May 10, 2018
Lots of Major Midget AAA being played in Newfoundland. Started Oct 23rd and haven’t stopped yet. Guess no one is watching

wayupnorth

Nov 22, 2018
Who are the top end NL players this year in 2005 Birth year? Any 2004 making big improvements?

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Who are the top end NL players this year in 2005 Birth year? Any 2004 making big improvements?
NFLD's U18 league is dominated by 2004-2003's. Very few 05's making an impact, maybe they are just not getting the ice time or the opportunity to play with some vets. With Rotondi's departure, Strapp is the only one that I see as a top 4 rounder for forwards...Toole, Loveless will get some looks as well. French and Clay in nets are both looking good year to date. On D, Dawe would be leading the way...very few 05 D playing in this league.

hockeylife11

May 10, 2018
The NL kids are not seen on a regular basis like the NS, NB, and PEI kids. They only have Monctonian and Ice Jam and if they don’t play a great tournament or have a bad game that’s it, they are not seen anymore. Whereas there are always consistent viewings of the other Provinces. So if they have some bad games it doesn’t matter where they have eyes on them all the time. There are 03 and 04 kids that have lost out in NL. They were hoping for the Gatorade Challenge last year and the Atlantic’s for some extra viewings but obviously that did not happen. Hurt those kids for sure. And this year will be no different. No tournaments for any viewings for any of the 03, 04 and 05 kids. There are a bunch that are just as good and some better than kids that were drafted last year from the reviews I’ve been reading on some of last year’s draft picks. Some are struggling where they are young but I guess the potential to development was seen so they got drafted. There are kids in NL the same but weren’t drafted and given the chance. High school kids were drafted over kids that played AAA all their lives, was on all Provincial teams and are still playing AAA and are great players. Kids do develop at different stages but when your viewing are very limited and you are not a stand out superstar which most in Atlantic Canada are not you miss out. There are tons of good, consistent, hard working passionate players.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
The NL kids are not seen on a regular basis like the NS, NB, and PEI kids. They only have Monctonian and Ice Jam and if they don’t play a great tournament or have a bad game that’s it, they are not seen anymore. Whereas there are always consistent viewings of the other Provinces. So if they have some bad games it doesn’t matter where they have eyes on them all the time. There are 03 and 04 kids that have lost out in NL. They were hoping for the Gatorade Challenge last year and the Atlantic’s for some extra viewings but obviously that did not happen. Hurt those kids for sure. And this year will be no different. No tournaments for any viewings for any of the 03, 04 and 05 kids. There are a bunch that are just as good and some better than kids that were drafted last year from the reviews I’ve been reading on some of last year’s draft picks. Some are struggling where they are young but I guess the potential to development was seen so they got drafted. There are kids in NL the same but weren’t drafted and given the chance. High school kids were drafted over kids that played AAA all their lives, was on all Provincial teams and are still playing AAA and are great players. Kids do develop at different stages but when your viewing are very limited and you are not a stand out superstar which most in Atlantic Canada are not you miss out. There are tons of good, consistent, hard working passionate players.
I agree 100%, its an unfortunate reality. If you look at the top NFLD players who have and are currently playing in the Q, USHL, BCHL....they all left home at such a young age.

wayupnorth

Nov 22, 2018
Keep working the teams will find the players and the players will find teams if there is a fit. Who are some players who have been missed? They could get drafted this year

Saint John seadogs

Nov 18, 2020
Very bored so I’m Going to try and start a discussion. These are the 15 year olds I hope to watch in midget next year with these teams. Stated above that I hope to see...there are others that may be there yes.

Halifax
L.Welsh f
J. Plandowski f (away)
B.Shortall f
J.MacDonald d
C.Flemming g

Dartmouth
M.Green f
L.Foster f
W.Normandeau f
S. Bower d
B.Wamboldt d
C. Richardson g

ColeHarbour
D.Francis f
J.Todd f
M. Wagner f
B. Pilgrim f
L. McPhee f
R. Decoste g

South Shore
B. Coleman f
D. Rafuse f
O. Hatfield f
K. Harlow d

Valley
C. Burbidge f
N. Fowler f
A. Crocker f
C. Henderson f (away)
L. Orr (prep)

Pictou County
A. Tucker f
B. Wallace f
L. Crosby f
L. Lochead f
C. MacGillivary d
E. McNutt d (moved)

CB West
T. Peddle f
T. Grant f
R. Wood f
R. MacKinnon d
L. Stewart d
J. Milner g

Cape Breton
A. Christmas f
T. Lefresne d
J. Jobes d

There are 3 kids in N.S. that could play as under agers but I don’t think any will apply.
Q. Kennedy f
W. Shields f
I. Phillips d

Moncton
J. Gendron f
L. Patterson f
P. Collette f
R. Hopper f
P. Lounsbury f
W. Allen f (away)
D. MacKinnon d
JP Boudreau d
J. Martin d
S. Leblanc g

Northern
O. Arsenault f
N. Adams d
N. Ward d

Fredericton
B. Nadeau f
C. Morin f
D. Deschenes f
S. MacFarlane f
S. Mayo f
G. El-Tahhan f
M. Pelletier f (away)
A. Topilnyckyj d
S. Johnson d (away)

Saint John
N.Ryan f
J. Corscadden f
I. Dickie d
J. Flanagan g

Charlottetown
C. MacDonald f
C. Squires f
B. Arsenault f
B. Murphy f
J. MacDonald f
M. Senter f
H. Clements d
L. Coughlin d
N. Mossey d

Kensington
S. Bowness f
C. Alain f
P. Shea f
C . Arsenault d
K. Thompson g (away)

Players ifrom NL I would like to see:
M. Rotondi d
M. Strapp f
N. Crosbie f
T. Chafe f (away)

Moncton, Fredericton and Charlottetown get all them players and they would draw a lot of attention.
Do you have anything better to do lol

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
upload_2020-12-15_14-28-27.jpeg

I think everyone will agree that this is well suited for the guy/girl that uses "Saint John Seadogs" as their user name...

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Hey HKTalk, whats the status in PEI, back to the rinks soon?
Still waiting on December 21/20 to come around. This was the time when all Minor Hockey + upper leagues start back up. Unless Heather Morrison changes her mind, although the announcement this morning from her was to open rinks up with restriction next week..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad