Confirmed Signing with Link: 2021 Prospect Signings

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Kawaguchi will get a 1 year ELC when he does sign. As an obligatory reminder, ELC length is defined by age (birth year). For North American (trained) players:

18-21: 3 year ELC
22-23: 2 year ELC
24: 1 year ELC
25+: not subject to ELC

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

And now officially signed.

Edit: Additional details

It boggles the mind, to me, that the Canucks had no contact with the player. He's from right in their backyard (Abbotsford) and you'd have to imagine, he'd love to play for his hometown team and the Canucks are probably going to need low-cost ELCs in their immediate future.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

It boggles the mind, to me, that the Canucks had no contact with the player. He's from right in their backyard (Abbotsford) and you'd have to imagine, he'd love to play for his hometown team and the Canucks are probably going to need low-cost ELCs in their immediate future.

Not sure why any signing good or bad would boggle your mind? The Canucks have shown a complete lack of interest in players who make sense, and a complete shocking amount of interest in shitty players... ie.. Myers, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel and the list goes on... likely there was no interest because there are elc restrictions and Benning would only sign him to a 5 x 5 deal.

I’ve lost complete faith in Benning. I’m just assuming that all UFA’s are lost for nothing and they sign more 4th liners next year...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Well if you're interested in BC-born Dallas Stars that may interest the Canucks, I've got some great news for you! :laugh:

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

TheNorthStars

Stars/Leafs
Sep 3, 2018
Captain of his NCAA team, ended up 4th in league scoring with 36p in 28gp and was a Hobey Baker finalist in 2020. Seems like a decent depth signing, hope he can translate some success into the major league level.

Also fun fact, he is a cousin of Sharks legend Devin Setoguchi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad