Confirmed Signing with Link: 2021 Prospect Signings

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
but that article says August 2022 ...

Here’s a breakdown of what that means for Vomáčka:
  • He is free to sign an entry-level contract with Nashville at any time;
  • If he were to submit a notice of withdrawal to the NHL this offseason, he would become an NHL free agent on the later of June 1, 2021, or 30 days after the notice; and
  • If he returns to UConn for a fourth year, Nashville maintains exclusive negotiating rights until August 15, 2022.
On The Forecheck also reached out to the Nashville Predators, who confirmed that they hold Vomáčka’s exclusive negotiating rights until August 2022, excluding his formal withdrawal from school"

Now moot, regardless he's signed with the Preds

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
When will Seattle sign there first player.

from last week
Deal the Kraken? Francis can't make official trades -- yet
"General manager Ron Francis can't finalize any transactions until ownership makes its final expansion payment to the league,"

HOWEVER current NHL contracts do not expire for a while -
typically June 30 IIRC, but i believe that had been extended to late July, and is due to extend again, given further adjustments to NHL schedule

Once that payment is made, i believe he could begin to sign players
- not currently on NHL contracts, and
- not on NHL Reserve Lists, and
- who are no longer Entry-Draft-Eligible,
assuming no conflict with player's most recent team

so for example, once Seattle is square with the NHL,
he could sign a 'no longer draft eligible' undrafted NCAA player, or undrafted Major Junior player, at will,

IF i am overlooking any considerations, I am confident youse guys will set me straight ASAP
+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
ADDED - FYI 1st signee by Vegas was a Junior player, drafted by Wild, but unsigned within 2 years, so UFA
Golden Knights sign Reid Duke as first player
Golden Knights sign Reid Duke as first player March 6, 2017
"Duke (6-foot, 192 pounds) was a sixth-round pick (No. 169) of the Minnesota Wild in the 2014 NHL Draft but never signed with them"

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
from last week
Deal the Kraken? Francis can't make official trades -- yet
"General manager Ron Francis can't finalize any transactions until ownership makes its final expansion payment to the league,"

HOWEVER current NHL contracts do not expire for a while -
typically June 30 IIRC, but i believe that had been extended to late July, and is due to extend again, given further adjustments to NHL schedule

Once that payment is made, i believe he could begin to sign players
- not currently on NHL contracts, and
- not on NHL Reserve Lists, and
- who are no longer Entry-Draft-Eligible,
assuming no conflict with player's most recent team

so for example, once Seattle is square with the NHL,
he could sign a 'no longer draft eligible' undrafted NCAA player, or undrafted Major Junior player, at will,

IF i am overlooking any considerations, I am confident youse guys will set me straight ASAP
+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+
ADDED - FYI 1st signee by Vegas was a Junior player, drafted by Wild, but unsigned within 2 years, so UFA
Golden Knights sign Reid Duke as first player
Golden Knights sign Reid Duke as first player March 6, 2017
"Duke (6-foot, 192 pounds) was a sixth-round pick (No. 169) of the Minnesota Wild in the 2014 NHL Draft but never signed with them"
Is there a problem with the Seattle financial situation? I think Vegas paid up right at or near March 1st.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad