Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ANOTHER rough night against OKC tonight:

We've lost 2 they've lost fifteen straight (similiar to the Sabres streak);

Starters tonight will be another challenge for Stevens... there likely won't be Kemba ,Tatum, or RW III available tonight.

Kemba has a side bone bruise issue; Tatum's Ankle HAS now flared up as well; RW III's knee remains an issue as well;

Jay Brown's Bursitis issue seems to be cleared;

the only starters confirmed are Marcus, Jay Brown and Tristan Thompson.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
C's ARE rumored to be targeting Oladipo IN THE offseason....;

Moe Wagner lands in Orlando after being jettisoned by both Washington and the Celtics, who went and got Jabari Parker instead

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The Celtics are currently the 6 seed. 2 games back of Atlanta and the Knicks. Also great they won 6 straight games, it's their only great run this season and followed it up by dropping 3 of their next 4 right after. My statement was more of a basic comment how this team is far more talented than they are playing and they will find themselves in the play in game if they keep playing like they have most of the season
You will be shouted down around here if you say anything negative about the team. Not sure how anyone can watch this team all season and not think they could find themselves in the play in rounds. They've played widly below their level most of the season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ah yes only danglecity- the guy who has complained for 6 months about them not trading an unrestricted free agent somewhere he was offered 20+ milly less and didn’t sign- is the beacon of rationality

This season can literally end in any which way and I would not be wildly surprised. If they make the ECF it would be a pleasant surprise but it’s not like Tatum/Brown haven’t led them there before so it wouldn’t be a complete shock (this year will just be harder to do it). They could also be eliminated almost immediately and it wouldn’t surprise me even a little bit. They’ve been a volatile team (performance-wise)

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Fournier finally start scoring. Pitchard had his best game, he really stepped up.
Brown had a good night after coming off injury. Tough to win with three starters out.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
There's going to be a lot of movement in the offseason, has to be. Not sure someone who can turn the franchise back on track will be out there. In hindsight Ainge really should have made a move for Harden, fits this iso heavy offense perfectly, MVP caliber players with term hardly ever get traded. Houston holding a grudge towards Morey meant you had the assets to blow away any other team that would have wanted him. Now Brooklyn have the 2 of the 3 best scorers in the league and another that's just a level below them, can't see anyone but the Nets coming out of the east so long as they stay together and are healthy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He ain’t goin nowhere and they aren’t trading off top guys unless it’s Kemba in a lateral swap for a Westbrook or something. It’s been a brutal year and I think blame should be assigned everywhere, but I’m also understanding that this year has been pretty f***ing crazy and unique

Bad loss tonight. They just did play a good stretch of basketball while missing a couple key pieces. Hopefully everybody is back come playoff time because honestly their Tatum/Brown-heavy offensive style is more adaptable to the playoffs anyway. They need to be way more competitive defensively though and TimeLord goes a long way towards helping that

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He ain’t goin nowhere and they aren’t trading off top guys unless it’s Kemba in a lateral swap for a Westbrook or something. It’s been a brutal year and I think blame should be assigned everywhere, but I’m also understanding that this year has been pretty f***ing crazy and unique

Bad loss tonight. They just did play a good stretch of basketball while missing a couple key pieces. Hopefully everybody is back come playoff time because honestly their Tatum/Brown-heavy offensive style is more adaptable to the playoffs anyway. They need to be way more competitive defensively though and TimeLord goes a long way towards helping that

I hope TimeLord isn't one to take a long time to recover from injuries. You and I discussed this earlier this season and here we are again, with day to day. I hope he can hold up for the playoffs. Maybe they should have kept Theis, time will tell. I know why they got rid of Theis and I would hope that Ainge know about RWIII healing process before trading Theis.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
They have had starters out. Tonight they had 3 starters out.
They also beat some very good teams with players missing, I hope they get healthy for the playoffs/play in tournament because it is hit and miss with this crew again now. A win against CHA tonight would help.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
remember what I said, folks..... OKC is the NBA version of Buffalo was when the B's played them in the midst of that streak where they found a way to lose it happened.... then the distraction of jettisoning Kreuger for Don Granato in the midst of that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad