Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
they’ve caught a lot of breaks? That’s the take you’ve gotten from this season?

Yeah we are on completely different wavelengths. Quite literally their 8 best players have all missed decent time (Tatum, Brown, Walker, Smart, Williams, Fournier, Thompson, Pritchard). I shit you not that’s pretty much the entire rotation, minus Langford....who also missed a lot of time. The only people who have stayed healthy are like Semi and Grant....not exactly inspiring lol

Thank you CDJ

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
CDJ, did you know him personally? Lots of respected people thought highly of him and his potential. May he RIP.

I didn’t know him personally, I just knew of him being a local kid at Kentucky. Seems like Kemba knew him pretty well. Always sad when somebody dies no matter what, but it just sucks when it is a teenager

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Kemba Kemba Kemba

Kemba Walker had his best night of this season, scoring and defense and distributing the ball to others. Marcus played his game and played it well. Tatum couldn't score, probably tired, also hurt, his ankle but he got his boards and also his improved assists.

Team effort, great defense and a terrific game from Kemba.

Now let's beat BLN.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
back to a battle for the 4 seed depending on what Atlanta does....

no Kemba tonight so that's why he kinda went off vs. CP 3/Booker/Ayton, et all as the Suns were on a back to back and almost were stunned by the Sixers the previous night.... hope everybody got A look at what Embiid almost tossed in from three quarter court, to even get it that close to the rim, never mind bouncing it off the rim.

on to Brooklyn... will Durant be the 1A to Irving now that Harden's gone again? or is it how you defend Irving like Smart defended Booker and locked him down last night.....

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
they’ve caught a lot of breaks? That’s the take you’ve gotten from this season?

Yeah we are on completely different wavelengths. Quite literally their 8 best players have all missed decent time (Tatum, Brown, Walker, Smart, Williams, Fournier, Thompson, Pritchard). I shit you not that’s pretty much the entire rotation, minus Langford....who also missed a lot of time. The only people who have stayed healthy are like Semi and Grant....not exactly inspiring lol
Absolutely they have, catching Brooklyn and the Lakers without their stars is a huge break. I think to complain about covid when everyone else is dealing with the same thing is little ridiculous. Also, like I said, about half of their player games missed due to covid are from Langford and Thompson (Thompson’s in particular seems self inflicted). Without those two, they are right about at the average for games missed because of covid, so they havent been unlucky.

The bottom line has always been about their play, not who's on the court. They've played better recently even with guys out. So I feel like we should drop the narrative that they've been unlucky cause of covid or injuries. The team is capable of more with the players on the court

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Absolutely they have, catching Brooklyn and the Lakers without their stars is a huge break. I think to complain about covid when everyone else is dealing with the same thing is little ridiculous. Also, like I said, about half of their player games missed due to covid are from Langford and Thompson (Thompson’s in particular seems self inflicted). Without those two, they are right about at the average for games missed because of covid, so they havent been unlucky.

The bottom line has always been about their play, not who's on the court. They've played better recently even with guys out. So I feel like we should drop the narrative that they've been unlucky cause of covid or injuries. The team is capable of more with the players on the court

ah so catching two games against teams with injuries outweighs them missing their 9 best players (for pretty decent amounts of times in each case) and they’re actually lucky this season

Lol. Ok. I think you’re the only person on the planet that would make that argument.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
ah so catching two games against teams with injuries outweighs them missing their 9 best players (for pretty decent amounts of times in each case) and they’re actually lucky this season

Lol. Ok. I think you’re the only person on the planet that would make that argument.
Their have been plenty of games this season where the other team was more under manned then the Celtics. I pointed out some games to illustrate that point.

You're still missing the point though that the team just hadnt been playing well irregardless of who was on the court.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have high hopes for him because I love his defense and athleticism but Langford is allergic to offense right now

which is wild to me because he actually has decent penetration and finishing skills at the rim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad