Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wouldn't that be great also we could use Fournier and Marcus Smart along with Walker.
there are also discussions as to whether Kemba would be allowed to play in back to backs rather than skipping the 2nd game and would that knee issue hold up if the decision was to change the procedure they've instituted.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
there are also discussions as to whether Kemba would be allowed to play in back to backs rather than skipping the 2nd game and would that knee issue hold up if the decision was to change the procedure they've instituted.

Thank you. He says it is not a problem so play him one set, it can't do that much damage. Let's see if he can deliver. Then decide if change should be made.

Go Celtics

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Brad Stevens extension has been made public: 5 more seasons through 2025/26;

Good for the Celtics. The wisest thing this franchise could have done. Yes, it‘s a players league, so even an average coach like Ty Lue can win a championship when put in the right situation, but you need a great coach (and great management) to build something long term like Pop did in SA.

If I were the Celtics, I‘d never let Stevens go. Who cares if guys Kyrie tune him out. It‘s a plus in my mind.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Good for the Celtics. The wisest thing this franchise could have done. Yes, it‘s a players league, so even an average coach like Ty Lue can win a championship when put in the right situation, but you need a great coach (and great management) to build something long term like Pop did in SA.

If I were the Celtics, I‘d never let Stevens go. Who cares if guys Kyrie tune him out. It‘s a plus in my mind.
If Kyrie tunes him out what if his buddy Tatum has too?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s not Pop, but he’s clearly one of the 5-6 best in the league imo

And I don’t see Tatum and Brown tuning him out, they’re not those kind of guys. Especially Jaylen imo. Plus they seem to really like playing for him and have grown a ton under him.

Reactions: pgm16

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
My patience was running thin with Stevens this year, however the injuries are incredible & Brown & Tatum are on their way to the upper echelon in the NBA. I think he can help get Banner 18.

The Celtics have gotten away from the ISO offense which has been huge in my opinion.

Reactions: CDJ

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
update for tonight vs. Suns (7 pm NBCSN);

Smart is a go after the illness; Walker is now a GO as well despite missing the practice day... Tatum likely is a go as well with the ankle issue; RW III will be held out one more game; Fournier has cleared AND will resume activities but the stringent protocol likely keeps him sidelined for a ninth straight game; Jay Brown has developed bursitis and is LISTED AS Doubtful but ruled OUT

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
update for tonight vs. Suns (7 pm NBCSN);

Smart is a go after the illness; Walker is likely as well despite missing the practice day... Tatum likely is a go as well with the ankle issue; RW III will be held out one more game; Fournier has cleared AND will resume activities but the stringent protocol likely keeps him sidelined for a ninth straight game; Jay Brown has developed bursitis and is doubtful.

Thanks for the update. Fournier is out a long time as Tatum was, he probably had the virus. They need him. I think they could win a game with either Tatum or Brown out and him in along with the rest of the cast. Two tough games with no RW III.
IMO these games against PHX and BKN are critical. Lose both then there is a problem for getting into 6 or better, split and it is a stretch and winning both would be almost a guarantee if everyone can get healthy and stay that way and play every game.

Can't watch tonight, but can get BKN and Hornets games on TV if on ESPN and YES for BKN.

Go Celtics

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thanks for the update. Fournier is out a long time as Tatum was, he probably had the virus. They need him. I think they could win a game with either Tatum or Brown out and him in along with the rest of the cast. Two tough games with no RW III.
IMO these games against PHX and BKN are critical. Lose both then there is a problem for getting into 6 or better, split and it is a stretch and winning both would be almost a guarantee if everyone can get healthy and stay that way and play every game.

Can't watch tonight, but can get BKN and Hornets games on TV if on ESPN and YES for BKN.

Go Celtics
it's likely RW III returns for Charlotte from what I've seen reported...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That is a game the Celtics should win without him if the rest of the cast can play. It will be good to have him back.

Have the Celtics had more health issues than the other teams?

DEFINE what injury means though..... because of the syndemic.....or in a traditional sense....

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That is a game the Celtics should win without him if the rest of the cast can play. It will be good to have him back.

Have the Celtics had more health issues than the other teams?
No, I feel like everyone has had health issues. The condensed season is rough on everyone, plus covid obviously. The Celtics have caught a lot of breaks and caught teams when they were missing their top guys.

The Celtics had a ton of games missed, but the bulk where by scrubs like Langford and Thompson who have missed 60% of the season.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
WOW, they won, and they were not on my TV programming. Walker has a blowout night and I couldn't watch.
Thanks Kemba, I didn't think we would win this one. I thought if we had a chance it would be against BKN depending on who could play.

Way to go Celtics.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, I feel like everyone has had health issues. The condensed season is rough on everyone, plus covid obviously. The Celtics have caught a lot of breaks and caught teams when they were missing their top guys.

The Celtics had a ton of games missed, but the bulk where by scrubs like Langford and Thompson who have missed 60% of the season.

they’ve caught a lot of breaks? That’s the take you’ve gotten from this season?

Yeah we are on completely different wavelengths. Quite literally their 8 best players have all missed decent time (Tatum, Brown, Walker, Smart, Williams, Fournier, Thompson, Pritchard). I shit you not that’s pretty much the entire rotation, minus Langford....who also missed a lot of time. The only people who have stayed healthy are like Semi and Grant....not exactly inspiring lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany