Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode IV : A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’ve seen enough of this Eichel soap opera that I’ve lost interest completely. Either we get him or we don’t.

I wouldn’t want to part with next years first either. We could potentially get Wright, Lambert (!) or Savoie. Next years draft is potentially looking wonderful.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ve seen enough of this Eichel soap opera that I’ve lost interest completely. Either we get him or we don’t.

I wouldn’t want to part with next years first either. We could potentially get Wright, Lambert (!) or Savoie. Next years draft is potentially looking wonderful.

Would have been happy with adding Buchnevich or even Reinhart, and after the returns they got, kinda annoyed Bob didn't make a push for them. They were both very affordable. Heck, Buch didn't even get a 1st round pick return.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If the Avs really do lose Landeskog (can't believe that's a legitimate possibility), I wonder if they go after Eichel at all. They are for sure going to use that cap space.
That's a good point, they can for sure put together a good package, plus they are a West team. Newhook, their 2022 1st is a solid start + they can add Timmins, Jost, others. Would make sense for both sides, imo.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

I really really like next years draft class. 3 very high end talents with Wright being Eichel level ?
For 2023 we only hear about Bedard and Michkov but the odds of the Ducks getting a top2 pick is less than getting a top3 pick.
I would be incredibly happy even with the #3 Savoie !

If the Avs really do lose Landeskog (can't believe that's a legitimate possibility), I wonder if they go after Eichel at all. They are for sure going to use that cap space.
MacKinnon and Eichel down the middle.......and having Makar as their #1D.
They could do Newhook + Erik Johnson + Byram since they don't have a top pick and then just sign Hoffman with the freed cap space of moving Johnson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We almost traded for Virtanen past season and now he will be bought out. Depending on the contract size, I think Bob will go after him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would rather bring back Ritchie or Kase after 1 of them is not qualified by Boston than Virtanen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm somewhat worried but I don't know if Virtanen is gonna get signed any time soon by anyone.
Bob has been interested in him more than once before (including very recently). At the end of the year, Bob complained about this team not playing hard enough and not going to the dirty areas.
Not sure when he will be signed but when it happens, I wouldn't be surprised if it's us.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Bob has been interested in him more than once before (including very recently). At the end of the year, Bob complained about this team not playing hard enough and not going to the dirty areas.
Not sure when he will be signed but when it happens, I wouldn't be surprised if it's us.
Isn't there some sex offender case filed against him? I don't think anyone's gonna sign him until that's settled and after that depending on the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad