2021 Offseason Roster Speculation Thread, pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
These are the worst off-season mocks I have ever seen.

God help us if any of this comes to fruition

Same team with different faces. This team is a lot farther from being a good team than trading away Risto, Eichel, Reinhart. There should be a lot more player movement besides them, and the Sabres deciding to build around the guys they chose is not moving the needle much. The Sabres identity needs to be completely wiped away and reshaped.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
These are the worst off-season mocks I have ever seen.

God help us if any of this comes to fruition

I feel like mine is pretty optimistic (I was able to get 4 OK veterans (Savard, Yandle, Kuraly, Anderson) to sign here without drastically overpaying). I'm assuming a punt year, so its focused on development in the AHL and free-ing up roster spots at the TDL/next season.

Same team with different faces. This team is a lot farther from being a good team than trading away Risto, Eichel, Reinhart. There should be a lot more player movement besides them, and the Sabres deciding to build around the guys they chose is not moving the needle much. The Sabres identity needs to be completely wiped away and reshaped.

I mean, it's a rebuild roster. Try to do as well as you can while having sufficient depth to keep youth in the AHL. Someone noted I was keeping NHL ready bodies in the AHL....that's the point. I went for veterans on D and in G to hopefully keep the sparse scoring afloat and we could stay within a game or 2 of .500 instead of tanking at the bottom of the standings.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I mean, it's a rebuild roster. Try to do as well as you can while having sufficient depth to keep youth in the AHL. Someone noted I was keeping NHL ready bodies in the AHL....that's the point. I went for veterans on D and in G to hopefully keep the sparse scoring afloat and we could stay within a game or 2 of .500 instead of tanking at the bottom of the standings.

That's fine, but what is the purpose of said roster? Are you using this time for anything else besides getting young guys more experienced?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I get that, but our team needs a complete overhaul on character and attitude on this team.

I like Eklund a lot myself, but I don't think he has that "IT" factor that I would be looking for. I'd rather have more Cozens than Oloffsson's on the team if you know what I mean.

I think Olofsson is a bad comparison to Eklund. Eklund is very good in all zones and away from the puck, unlike Victor.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
After trading Risto and losing Borgen, this is our RHD depth:

Jokiharju
Miller (1 year left, and is bad)
Laaksonen
Fitzgerald

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
That's fine, but what is the purpose of said roster? Are you using this time for anything else besides getting young guys more experienced?

It's getting stability in goal and on D so the young forwards can learn on the job while having some success and get some sort of system in place. Turnover is going to be high on the forwards. Given the volume of skill in the AHL (Boldy, Addison, Quinn, Peterka, Vilardi, UPL), if you mix in some veterans, that should almost be an AHL powerhouse. So it's about making a 'mediocre' NHL team that can improve as youth starts bubbling up in the last 1/3rd of the season and injecting a huge jolt of skill to the AHL so they can learn to start winning together. If you add in Power at the end of his NCAA season, that COULD be a great AHL run.

Asset wise, I'm hoping to rehabilitate some buy low pieces (Tierney and Rask) for decent-ish return. After the year is over, we should have oodles of cap space and resources to fix clear holes in the roster while maintaining a strong prospect pipeline.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
In a vacuum losing Borgen isn't a big deal, obviously. But it could be indicative of things to come.

He is a player with attributes that this team needs more of and not less, so finding a way to keep him would have been a sign that Adams gets it, has a plan and knows what he's doing.

IOW, finding a way to keep Borgen would have given me Brandon Beane vibes about GMKA.

Then again, if he has good trades lined up for Eichel, Reinhart and Risto, I'm willing to hop on his bandwagon quickly.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Prediction. Three waiver pickups will make the opening night/week roster.

Not sweating any 4th line, 3rd pair, or backup goalie?!?!?! holes. I will embrace the tank. Let us be Tank Top masters for you one punch man fans.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Dahlin played RD pre draft
With granato being player friendly and letting the players play, wouldn't be surprised to see dahlin back on the right

I know dahlin has mentioned in interviews he enjoyed playing on his off side pre draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad