2021 Offseason Roster Speculation Thread, pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Good chance Seattle selects DeMelo from WPG, RD need would be there. Might prefer to test drive Risto than overpay the RD UFA market. No idea what that might look like though looking at their roster. Pick 18+ or is the plus pushing it unless there are multiple suitors.

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
Good chance Seattle selects DeMelo from WPG, RD need would be there. Might prefer to test drive Risto than overpay the RD UFA market. No idea what that might look like though looking at their roster. Pick 18+ or is the plus pushing it unless there are multiple suitors.

Niku + pick 18 would be ideal

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The plus is pushing it I think. 18 straight up or a 2nd rounder plus a guy like Niku.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
We have to think about everything we've seen over the years from 55 and really ask ourselves if it's fair to even ask for a 1st rounder. If Adams can somehow get one, great. But I seriously doubt it. Probably going to be like a B prospect and a mid round pick. That's what I'm preparing for.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The more I think about it....the more I think that Montreal is quite literally the perfect landing spot for Risto. He's exactly what they look for in a defenseman and they have the calming presences to bring out the best in him.

Watch they're going to get him for cheap and then Risto is going to absolutely blossom.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
The more I think about it....the more I think that Montreal is quite literally the perfect landing spot for Risto. He's exactly what they look for in a defenseman and they have the calming presences to bring out the best in him.

Watch they're going to get him for cheap and then Risto is going to absolutely blossom.

Don't really want to see his best brought out in the division. Rather get WPG's 1st and if he succeeds, I don't feel so angry.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I just don't see a team giving up a 1st for him. I don't know how much MTL still values Poehling, but he had a nice bounceback season in the AHL before hurting his wrist (25 pts in 28 games). 2019-20 was a rough year for him as he wasn't over the concussion he suffered in his first NHL game (in which he also scored a hatty). He might be caught in a numbers game in Montreal with all their forwards.

I'd take MTL 2021 2nd and Poehling and call it a day.

On a related note, in three years Sabres HF should issue the Ryan Poehling Award to the most absurd "untouchable" in any prospective Jack Eichel trade. The award is named for Poehling, who most Habs fans said was a non-starter in any potential ROR trade.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres fans for whatever reason want to blame Ristolainen for the team being terrible.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sabres fans for whatever reason want to blame Ristolainen for the team being terrible.

No? Nobody has blamed Risto for the reason the team is terrible. Sure there are criticisms of his play, which are warranted, but nobody said Buffalo is terrible because of him.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He's a major part. The guy is horrible.
I seriously doubt that. But every bad team has that player fans turn on.

We'll find out soon enough if the Sabres were the reason for his bad stats. I remember when he would play international games we always wondered why that Ristolainen doesn't show up for the Sabres.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
No? Nobody has blamed Risto for the reason the team is terrible. Sure there are criticisms of his play, which are warranted, but nobody said Buffalo is terrible because of him.
They do, just not directly.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
They do, just not directly.

Nah, seems like people assume the criticisms of players, are the act of them blaming them for the bad team. Of course there are plays in a game that may be the reason for the team to lose a game, but that's not exactly saying Ristolainen is the reason the Sabres are a bad team.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Maybe Edmonton has interest now that Seattle is apparently signing Larson at 4x4. Even if they don't have interest in Risto directly another team looking for RD adds more demand to the market.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Risto for a solid middle-six prospect and a late first/early second is good enough for me. Mysak and no. 30?

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
The roster freeze isn't lifted until 1 p.m. A half-hour media session won't really impact ongoing conversations.
Maybe I’m just so used to Pegula press conferences only happening when a major move occurs. The only thing that will happen before this press conference is us losing a player to Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad