2021 Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Ya I'm waiting for RORv2..... but not holding my breath

I am not either but pretty uncharacteristic of him to not grab some depth or AHL help and only reason I can see that is if you are working on trying to add 10M to the books.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Hoffman was misused for most of the season. I put that on the coaching staff more than on the player. When the games really mattered in the playoffs, Hoffman was not a detriment at 5v5.

With Perron, Tarasenko, Buchnevich, Kyrou, Kostin, and even Thomas on the team , the RW spot was pretty crowded for Mike Hoffman.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
I think Husso will be better after getting some NHL experience. Lets hope they can get Matt Tkachuck at the trade deadline.
100% agree on Husso, I think he will have a great year. You could see towards the end of the year his confidence grew and he started the games with better mental focus. Fix that and he will be an above average backup in my opinion.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So not just us at this point. Isles and Caps haven’t signed anyone either. Isles likely have (Parise) but Lou hasn’t let them out on board yet.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Perron and Schenn are both fully capable of being above average top 6 LWs. Sanford is capable of either being an adequate top passenger on LW and is a decent 3rd line LW. Clifford and Barbie are both capable of playing LW. Playing the off wing is the easiest positional transition in the sport.

Ideally, I would like another middle 6 LW rather than filling the spots with our current roster. But we aren't in a panic if we don't (especially if we wind up signing Bozak). If we don't sign anyone and still feel compelled to move Tarasenko, then the bad contract we takeback in return can be a LW. If we don't move Tarasenko by camp, we can try lines like this:

Perron-ROR-Kyrou
Schenn-Thomas-Buch
Sanford-???-Tarasenko

I'd strongly suggest Bozak on a 1 year deal with bonuses that make him overpaid.

Here is a possibility if you don't do anything and want to give Kostin a shot in the top 9:

Perron-ROR-Kyrou
Kostin-Schenn-Buch
Sanford-Thomas-Tarasenko

That is a soft middle 6 on the left side, but they would each be the 3rd best player on a line with two players who are above average players for the line they are on.

Again, I'd like to bring in a LW. But it isn't such a gaping hole/need that we have to.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So not just us at this point. Isles and Caps haven’t signed anyone either. Isles likely have (Parise) but Lou hasn’t let them out on board yet.
Rumors are that Isles are probably bringing back Palmieri too.

Aside from Saad, Tomas Tatar is another LW that’s available.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Would have to be for contract to make sense, most likely. Though Eichel would probably require us to move Kyrou and Thomas in the deal.

Trades for high profile players are always underwhelming. We have seen multiple examples over the past few years. TBH I don't think no matter where he goes they will return a haul. I would surely hang up the phone if either Thomas or Kyrou were mentioned.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't think Tarasenko would even be involved honestly.

Picks/prospects imo..
No one in the league interested in trading the future for Eichel can take on Eichel's salary without sending significant money back. Tarasenko to Buffalo as part of an Eichel trade actually makes a ton of sense. He wouldn't be viewed as the centerpiece, but a requirement to make the cap work. And they could do a lot worse. Taking on 1 bad contract instead of multiple benefits them. Tarasenko has positive value with 50% retained. They could take him and then flip him at 50% retained to get another futures asset.

I don't think we actually have the futures assets to make a serious offer for Eichel. I also don't think that taking on that contract fits Army's philosophy at all. But Tarasenko being part of it would make a ton of sense.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Trades for high profile players are always underwhelming. We have seen multiple examples over the past few years. TBH I don't think no matter where he goes they will return a haul. I would surely hang up the phone if either Thomas or Kyrou were mentioned.

Then we aren’t getting Eichel. The ask wouldn’t be either, it would be both, or that’s what I’d do personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad