2021 Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Don’t know about that. He signed a horrendous one in free agency last year, though it seems like he’s learned from the Krug debacle and not willing to overpay for players who aren’t worth it.
Outside of that one, there's really not many other points he has signed an UFA to an absolutely horrible contract during free agency.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
JR might be trolling but he’s hinting that Army prefers trades over FA’s.

Either way, something is definitely coming. Armstrong isn’t taking this team to Camp without adding a couple pieces.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
JR might be trolling but he’s hinting that Army prefers trades over FA’s.

Either way, something is definitely coming. Armstrong isn’t taking this team to Camp without adding a couple pieces.
I just wish I could trust him as an insider and not just a random speculator because he's hinting another blockbuster essentially.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I just wish I could trust him as an insider and not just a random speculator because he's hinting another blockbuster essentially.

News to me we can't trust him. He never has any good information we haven't already heard but he isn't really wrong alot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's a great reporter, bad speculator, but it's impossible for us to know when he's reporting what he knows and when he's just speculating.

I'm pretty sure he's just downplaying Army's inactivity, but who knows.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Even if the Blues had the right pieces, how could Buffalo’s management come back and say, “we did a big trade with St Louis again”.
If we acquired Eichel I would just want to win the Cup the first year again with him and then I won’t need anything else in hockey ever again. That would be hysterical.

(I don’t think we are going after him but still.)

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
They have cap space and can make any number of trades to get one. Get back to me if they don't do anything about goalie before the season starts.
I mean, They just let their Vezina finalist goaltender just walk. I'm not understanding the logic.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If by "let" you mean they offered a good contract for him and he signed with a different team instead, sure.
Haven’t the Blues done this with every player, then? In which case why do people complain about Armstrong so much?

People like to suck Colorado’s dick I guess.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Haven’t the Blues done this with every player, then? In which case why do people complain about Armstrong so much?

People like to suck Colorado’s dick I guess.

Because Colorado has a team absolutely stacked top to bottom and need one move to be the clear as day best team in the Central with cap space to make it work, and we are a team that's supposed to be in win now mode, and are 3-4 moves away from even touching Colorado with no real cap space to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad