2021 Offseason Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Sweet. Again, we’ve had more success than them over the last 5 years. What did they get out of beating an injured Blues team? Nothing.

Now they’ve added Kuemper this offseason while losing Grubauer, Saad, Graves, Donskoi, Timmins, Bellemare and Calvert.

But yeah don’t let me interrupt your “Avs are amazing” party.

"Team entering their window has had less success in the past 5 seasons than the team exiting it" isn't exactly an earth shattering statement.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Sign Bozie and hold on anything other than depth signings. Rather shoot for a blockbuster trade in season once Tara re-establishes value.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If Army doesn't make any moves via FA or trade, this is likely lineup we are looking at next year.

Perron - ROR - Buch
Schenn - Thomas - Tarasenko
Sanford - Sunny - Kyrou
Clifford - Barby - Kostin

Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Parayko
Walman/Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Binny
Husso

Not terrible. We would need a lot out of the kids but not a terrible lineup. The scary thing is that one or two bad injuries and this lineup would fall apart due to the lack of depth. Could you imagine if ROR, Perron or Faulk missed significant time? We would be staring down the barrel of a lottery pick.

Reactions: Ranksu and Meatball

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Assuming we sign Bozak back:

Perron-ROR-Buch
Schenn-Thomas-Tarasenko
Kostin-Bozak-Kyrou
Sanford-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Mikkola-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Walman/Scandella-Bortuzzo

Binnington
Husso

That team might rustle a few jimmies if everything goes right.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I do not get why saying that the Avs are a good team sends a portion of this board into a fit.

Anyway, horrible trade by COL. Arizona’s done a good job kicking off a rebuild. Maybe this one will take.
Nobody is throwing a fit or saying the Avs are bad.

It’s the hypocrisy that’s running rampant in here in how people dissect the moves the Blues make vs. other teams, such as the Avalanche. It’s comical.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Not many of the moves that were made today interest me. Pretty glad Doug stayed out of those. We do need some additions though, so bringing in Saad and bringing back Bozak would help quite a bit. Defense is still pretty awful, but there really hasn’t been anything available that would change that.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
BTW, The Yotes now have two first-round picks and five second-round picks in the 2022 draft. That rebuild. Holy smokes.
I love their moves with Bill Armstrong, with the hiccup of drafting that guy accused of bullying in his introduction period. But they had no 1st due to the tampering, and now they've moved a bad contract and accumulated some quality draft picks. They'll tank, so they can just sign Dubnyk or whatever veteran cheap goalie is out there. Get a lottery pick next year and all these supplemental draft picks. I think they'll have enough firepower to do a proper rebuild.

Reactions: Blueston

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Is there anything left in Arizona that we want? Wonder what the price is on Dvorak or Chychrun? Is 2022 1st, Robert Thomas, Scott Perunovich, Ville Husso enough for both?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Not many of the moves that were made today interest me. Pretty glad Doug stayed out of those. We do need some additions though, so bringing in Saad and bringing back Bozak would help quite a bit. Defense is still pretty awful, but there really hasn’t been anything available that would change that.
Schmidt and Suter?

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I'm surprised we haven't even made an AHL depth signing yet.

Not just AHL-level depth signings, we haven't even signed a single player to an AHL-contract yet. Springfield does need quite a few players to fill their roster, so it makes me wonder if they opted out for the next season aswell.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not just AHL-level depth signings, we haven't even signed a single player to an AHL-contract yet. Springfield does need quite a few players to fill their roster, so it makes me wonder if they opted out for the next season aswell.
We signed Nathan Walker few days ago.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I doubt we win a bidding war for Saad at this rate.

That leaves the best LW option as Tomas Tatar. I really wouldn’t mind him, he can skate, has scored 25+ goals a handful of times and is a bit better defensively than Hoffman.

Reactions: CraftyVeteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->