2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
I think he is pretty bad now, but it's just such a weird statement. I'm just saying I'd trade Chicago's last decade over ours* easily. Also I could pick any GM, take one of their moves, and make them look bad. I get the sentiment, it's just that you could have picked Chuck Fletcher with the Risto deal, or Benning with the OEL deal. Those guys haven't won shit, so it would have made more sense.

*I think the Hawks are a terrible organization full of bad people in their front office, and that Patrick Kane is a trash person, but I really do just mean that winning 3 stanley cups would have been pretty cool, even with all the insanity that Stan Bowman is pulling now.

Yeah totally, everyone knows that teams who get good lottery luck go on to win 3 stanley cups. The Oilers are running out of fingers they have so much lottery luck. /s
I agree I'd take the past decade. But really the past 5 years in a vacuum have been awful for Chicago. I really would prefer the past 5 years of Nill to the past 5 years of Bowman. I think the Panarin trade was when it really started to hit the fan.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
That’s a beauty, wish we could draft a Jere-lite.

Jesus, and that's old Jere well past his prime. What an absolute monster. 100% EV Defense, the best even strength forward in the league at age 34, lol. Do they even make players with Jere's profile nowadays? Been a while since I've heard of an elite shutdown winger at even strength, and a great scorer to boot on top of it. I wonder what Lidstrom looks like at around that age.

Reactions: Johno

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Jesus, and that's old Jere well past his prime. What an absolute monster. 100% EV Defense, the best even strength forward in the league at age 34, lol. Do they even make players with Jere's profile nowadays? Been a while since I've heard of an elite shutdown winger at even strength, and a great scorer to boot on top of it. I wonder what Lidstrom looks like at around that age.

Mark Stone is probably the top defensive winger right now and I don't think he really comes close to Lehtinen.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I want Jere Lehtinen to be our next GM so bad

With all the success with the Finnish national team even with limited roster options, he is a very reasonable bet to have success in the NHL as well. Would love for it to happen!

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Jets are looking like an excellent team this year.

They've always had a good forward core and Hellebuyck is probably the 2nd best goalie in the NHL. Blueline has been the achilles heel the past few years but now the top 4 goes from having bums like Forbort and Poolman to solid players in Schultz and Dillon. That's a massive upgrade to an already good team, Jets look loaded if they can get Copp under contract. At +4000 to win the cup, I think I'm choosing them as my dark-horse cup contender.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

It might be time to stop complaining about Lindell's contract and just accept it as "probably pretty good where it's at".

They're polar opposite defensemen, I'm kind of confused by your point. Also it's a pretty decent deal, closer to sane than insane, I'd say.

Jets are looking like an excellent team this year.

They've always had a good forward core and Hellebuyck is probably the 2nd best goalie in the NHL. Blueline has been the achilles heel the past few years but now the top 4 goes from having bums like Forbort and Poolman to solid players in Schultz and Dillon. That's a massive upgrade to an already good team, Jets look loaded if they can get Copp under contract. At +4000 to win the cup, I think I'm choosing them as my dark-horse cup contender.

There was an NHL general thread about the rankings of central teams, I think they're a distant 2nd from Colorado, but I also think they're clearly better than any of the other teams behind. That d swap makes a big difference.

meh, doesn’t have 4 goalies

Subpar gm imo :popcorn:

Helleybuck is pretty good, I think he's worth 2-3 normal goalies, that would put them at 4ish goalies, close enough I think.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Wild winter classic jerseys are some of the ugliest I've seen lol

Yikes, just checked it out and it's absolutely terrible. Anyone roasting Dallas for theirs should be crucifying the Wild for theirs.

Glad to see Minnesota was able to recycle the gloves and pants the Stars used. :sarcasm:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Yea, way too many rings/stripes for certain.
Even if the gloves/pants thing isn't a terrible idea.. your Northstars pseudo-rival just did this same thing, why would you ape their move? maybe use an alt green?

I think there are some easy fixes that would have made this nice

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Yea, way too many rings/stripes for certain.
Even if the gloves/pants thing isn't a terrible idea.. your Northstars pseudo-rival just did this same thing, why would you ape their move? maybe use an alt green?

I think there are some easy fixes that would have made this nice

I suggest hiring someone with eyeballs to start.

Reactions: JeffP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad