2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Even if this non-rebuild bad news obfuscation Blackhawks thing doesnt quite gel,
Fleury, Jones, Tyler Johnson should have enough compatibility to make our division pretty rough.

We just have to hope MIN stumbles and NSH/WPG stay down :\

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Don't know what Chicago is doing, that's what scares me about ditching Nill.
Looks like the old GM trying to make the PO to save his job special aka the kenny holland.

Even though the Johnson trade is a bit of a head scratcher, especially with the suter context, they're a much better team now then they were last year when they still had more wins than the Stars.
Their dcore doesn't inspire any real confidence, but it's not like their cap is screwed long term from any of the moves.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm not sure how much the Hawks actually improved especially since now they can't pay their RFA's .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nylander, zadorov and hagel?
Yeah they aren't going to miss any of them

Also Strome. I don't think Johnson is an upgrade over their RFA's. Fleury well we'll see how he does if he plays in Chicago and how much Jones can rebound.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Also Strome. I don't think Johnson is an upgrade over their RFA's. Fleury well we'll see how he does if he plays in Chicago and how much Jones can rebound.
Strome is signed for another year...
They have 32m in space for his extension.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well the Canes are cheap. The offers for Neds also bordered on insulting and they wouldn't risk arbitration because that also would've shattered the max of what the Canes offered ( like $1.5 mil per )

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Man Chicago hasn't been good in like 5 years.

I think he is pretty bad now, but it's just such a weird statement. I'm just saying I'd trade Chicago's last decade over ours* easily. Also I could pick any GM, take one of their moves, and make them look bad. I get the sentiment, it's just that you could have picked Chuck Fletcher with the Risto deal, or Benning with the OEL deal. Those guys haven't won shit, so it would have made more sense.

*I think the Hawks are a terrible organization full of bad people in their front office, and that Patrick Kane is a trash person, but I really do just mean that winning 3 stanley cups would have been pretty cool, even with all the insanity that Stan Bowman is pulling now.

Yeah, maybe Bowman's biggest genius is having that lottery luck....any of the two time Cup winners since Nill has been here have had multiple no. 1 and 2 picks, while all Nill has lucked into was a no. 3 used on Miro.

Yeah totally, everyone knows that teams who get good lottery luck go on to win 3 stanley cups. The Oilers are running out of fingers they have so much lottery luck. /s

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think he is pretty bad now, but it's just such a weird statement. I'm just saying I'd trade Chicago's last decade over ours* easily. Also I could pick any GM, take one of their moves, and make them look bad. I get the sentiment, it's just that you could have picked Chuck Fletcher with the Risto deal, or Benning with the OEL deal. Those guys haven't won shit, so it would have made more sense.

*I think the Hawks are a terrible organization full of bad people in their front office, and that Patrick Kane is a trash person, but I really do just mean that winning 3 stanley cups would have been pretty cool, even with all the insanity that Stan Bowman is pulling now.

Yeah totally, everyone knows that teams who get good lottery luck go on to win 3 stanley cups. The Oilers are running out of fingers they have so much lottery luck. /s

That's known as the exception that proves the rule. Either way, we lament that Nill has kept us just good enough to not get in the lottery most years, and then not having the ability to pick the right damn card when he does!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->