2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I understand that this is stupid, but I probably would not want us to win the lottery. Because I have a feeling that Adams will choose Power. Well, I just like Beniers, Clarke and Hughes better. Although Power seems like a good prospect too.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I understand that this is stupid, but I probably would not want us to win the lottery. Because I have a feeling that Adams will choose Power. Well, I just like Beniers, Clarke and Hughes better. Although Power seems like a good prospect too.

I'm more worried that they take Edvinsson. Could happen with #2 or #3.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm more worried that they take Edvinsson. Could happen with #2 or #3.
Edvinsson?

giphy.gif

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

I'm more concerned about the limit on 1st overall picks and the potential of a massive rebuild leading to a terrible team next year. Missing out on Wright because of a technicality would be abysmal.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm more concerned about the limit on 1st overall picks and the potential of a massive rebuild leading to a terrible team next year. Missing out on Wright because of a technicality would be abysmal.
I'm not worried because this rule will be in effect from the 2022 draft and even if we win the lottery in this draft, we can still theoretically win the lottery in 2022 and in 2023. If Adams wants to make a slight rebuild, then the focus should be on 2021, 2022, and 2023 drafts.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Once upon a time Raty was supposed to be the number 1 guy right? What happened there?
His IQ is questioned, and the coach doesn't seem to trust him too much.

I thought Lambos was up there for some time too
I like Lambos, it seems he had a good season in Finland, although for some reason some said that on the contrary he had a bad season. The question is what kind of injury he has, for some reason there is no information about this, which can seriously scare off the teams.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
His IQ is questioned, and the coach doesn't seem to trust him too much.

I like Lambos, it seems he had a good season in Finland, although for some reason some said that on the contrary he had a bad season. The question is what kind of injury he has, for some reason there is no information about this, which can seriously scare off the teams.

I think Lambos was pretty strong defensively over in Finland, but dropped a bit due to lack of offense.

I like Lambos lots as a projectable defensive D, but I have never seen an offensive driver there that would make him worthy of a top-5/10 pick.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think Lambos was pretty strong defensively over in Finland, but dropped a bit due to lack of offense.

I like Lambos lots as a projectable defensive D, but I have never seen an offensive driver there that would make him worthy of a top-5/10 pick.
Well, I'm not saying that he should be an offensive defender, but I think there is a potential for the first pair there. Slavin is also not an offensive defender. Sanderson was not like that in the last draft, and I think Adams would have taken Sanderson, not Quinn, if he was available. Lambos will probably drop in the top 10, but it could be was steal.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Winning the lottery and trading the pick for a young player or trading down might be my favorite option. Trade down to where Eklund/Beniers will still be there. Won't happen though.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Winning the lottery and trading the pick for a young player or trading down might be my favorite option. Trade down to where Eklund/Beniers will still be there.
Beniers can be picked up earlier. I think whoever wins the lottery will take Power (Adams too). While this is such a weird draft and I probably wouldn't mind trading down depending on the price , in theory we could take Beniers/Clarke/Hughes/Eklund even at #5 - #8.

Reactions: elchud

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
It is hard to decide who will be best fit for Sabres until you know who will not be on the team. If Reinhart is traded with Monahan coming back as part of the deal but Eichel is not traded then Power is for sure my pick-just one scenario. I like the idea of an energizer and would love to have Tyler Boucher with the Boston pick if he is available. I liked the idea of Grushnikov and hoped to see him play in the OHL but that did not happen. Cossa is someone on my radar for second or third round also...Trying to pick based on other people's viewings is just not satisfying!

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
It is hard to decide who will be best fit for Sabres until you know who will not be on the team. If Reinhart is traded with Monahan coming back as part of the deal but Eichel is not traded then Power is for sure my pick-just one scenario. I like the idea of an energizer and would love to have Tyler Boucher with the Boston pick if he is available. I liked the idea of Grushnikov and hoped to see him play in the OHL but that did not happen. Cossa is someone on my radar for second or third round also...Trying to pick based on other people's viewings is just not satisfying!

As lovely as that would be, Cossa is basically a 1st round lock after the season he just had.

Reactions: Zman5778

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Reinhart is traded with Monahan coming back as part of the deal
Not good

then Power is for sure my pick-just one scenario
Just take BPA, but there is only 16.6% that we will choose Power

I like the idea of an energizer and would love to have Tyler Boucher with the Boston pick if he is available.
I like this choice

Cossa is someone on my radar for second or third round also...
I think he will gone in the first round, although maybe we can pick him with our #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad