2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Just have to take that thing we’re the worst at and be good at? Gulp

Seriously though, who knows what the f is going on with the amateur scouts with this team. On one hand Kevin Devine is still there and everyone was fired, but on the other I’m fine with last year’s draft, who knows maybe they have something up their sleeve.
Different management, I actually liked last years picks

Reactions: Genny Screamer

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
The lack of tape will hurt smaller players draft positioning imo. This year could look like an nfl draft where 2nd and 3rd are mostly physically gifted and later rounds are shot-in-the-dark types we didn't get a chance to see take the next step. Some sleepers will be out there, more than usual but unless teams have tape on their backyard rinks, nobody knows who they are.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Am I nuts for liking Chaz Lucius more than Kent Johnson?

I think both would be available at #8 (vancouver) and #9 (los angeles) if a Reinhart trade goes down. I dont think Eichel moves before the draft unless the deal is really really good.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo

I think both would be available at #8 (vancouver) and #9 (los angeles) if a Reinhart trade goes down. I dont think Eichel moves before the draft unless the deal is really really good.

I Like Lucius but his skating bothers me

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

I think Lucius will be more of a 2nd line complementary scorer. Don't think I would take that top-10 personally.

In terms of goal scorers in that range I think McTavish and Sillinger are better options.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
There are a lot of interesting options at #8 - #15 range.

Wallstedt, Lysell, McTavich, Lucius, Svechkov, Sillinger, Chibrikov, Lambos...

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
There are a lot of interesting options at #8 - #15 range.

Wallstedt, Lysell, McTavich, Lucius, Svechkov, Sillinger, Chibrikov, Lambos...

Right people be knocking this draft because the top-6 is weak as far as franchise/HOF impact. And because so many prospects had lost or limited season. But to me if you had 6 picks in the 2nd/3rd/4th you could very likely score a couple of sleepers. Which is why I a team with a good scouting team should be really excited to earn their paychecks this draft.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Winning the lottery will have an advantage this year, something I wasn't sure of. He is clearly the best prospect in the draft.
Maybe, but if you want LD and Power is gone, then Luke Hughes is very good, he is almost a year younger than Power, with excellent skating and IQ and he will probably play better defensively than his brother Quinn.

I also like Carson Lambos, there is definitely the potential of the first pair, a defender in all situations, there is a question of what kind of injury he has for some reason. Maybe he will fall in the middle of the round like Krebs in 2019. And I'm not a fan of Edvinsson

Last edited:

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I am about as big of a McTavish fan as anyone but 2 is a hard reach.

Beniers and Clarke disgustingly underrated at 6 and 7.

Johnson, Edvinsson (expected though) and Raty are all too high given their risks imo.

Lot of other ones I don't like too but just at the top I didn't expect so many weird rankings.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
McTavish is an interesting player, but I would not pick him in the top 3. Now, if we had one more choice in the range #7 - #12, then we could think about it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Explain your thoughts on why McTavish should be number 2.
Well, he is a really interesting player, in theory he could well end up better than Beniers if Matthew fails to reach his ceiling and is 50-55 points center. McTavish is like a mix of Mike Richards and Nazem Kadri.

I don't know how I feel about Adams and his draft after Quinn was selected. That is, it is not clear how far he is ready to go and choose a specific player. Would I be surprised if we go third and pick McTavish after not take guys like Beniers, Hughes, Guenther and the rest? Probably not.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
I see The Draft Analyst has Edvinsson as 22, they where very high on Middelstadh in his draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad