2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Doesn't look particularly deep D-1, and the D-0 hits are going to get hammered by the COVID world.

Not a good year to pick high, or have many picks.

Reactions: Chainshot

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Some of the NHL bloodlines in 2021: Logan Brown, Kirby Dach, Jack/Quinn Hughes, Casey Mittelstadt each have a brother eligible; while B. Boucher, Robidas, Sillinger, St. Louis, Stillman each have a son eligible.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
'Adapt or die': Scouting has been turned on its head for 2021 NHL Draft

The Buffalo Sabres have one of the smallest scouting staffs in the league after enduring a staffing purge in June. Yet, director of scouting Jeremiah Crowe believes the current climate could actually be a sweet spot for the Sabres. The club wasn't afraid to dive deep into video and analytics to slot players on their 2020 draft board, and it sounds like they won't be shy to do so again in 2021.

"I do think this process might make us a little bit uniquely suited to be prepared to cover (the 2021) draft class, just because we've ensured that we have full coverage from a video perspective of levels all around the world," Crowe said.

His staff will be ready to resume live viewing but can easily maintain their current operation for 2021.
Both Armstrong and Crowe hinted at the cost-effectiveness of scouting through video. Perhaps this unexpected detour for the industry will change some minds about the validity of evaluating prospects via the camera's eye.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Lose for Hughes 2.0.

I hope not. But I watched Hughes last night...dude is pretty dang good. That Hughes family is something else.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Would forsure be on board to trade this 1st + Mitts/Reinhart to improve the team now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad