2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Beniers can be picked up earlier. I think whoever wins the lottery will take Power (Adams too). While this is such a weird draft and I probably wouldn't mind trading down depending on the price , in theory we could take Beniers/Clarke/Hughes/Eklund even at #5 - #8.
You really think Berniers will drop that far? In a draft were there is no real elite talent I would definitely go for him since he seems to be captain/heart&soul material with enough skill to play on the top line.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You really think Berniers will drop that far? In a draft were there is no real elite talent I would definitely go for him since he seems to be captain/heart&soul material with enough skill to play on the top line.
Anything is possible depends on how other GMs value Beniers. Rossi dropped to #9 in the last draft. Prior to this, Zegras dropped to #9. Of course, Laf, Byfield and Stutzle were in the last draft, but also Raymond, Sanderson, Holtz and Quinn gone before Rossi. Lundell went out of the top 10 altogether. Beniers will probably be in the top 5, but that's why I also listed Clarke, Hughes and Eklund.

I meant that if some team calls Adams with a very good offer to move up the draft, then I would think about it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Anything is possible depends on how other GMs value Beniers. Rossi dropped to #9 in the last draft. Prior to this, Zegras dropped to #9. Of course, Laf, Byfield and Stutzle were in the last draft, but also Raymond, Sanderson, Holtz and Quinn gone before Rossi. Lundell went out of the top 10 altogether. Beniers will probably be in the top 5, but that's why I also listed Clarke, Hughes and Eklund.

I meant that if some team calls Adams with a very good offer to move up the draft, then I would think about it.

If there's ever a draft where teams trade picks within the top 5, this would be it. But with the NHL being so conservative, I'd bet the farm that it would never happen.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Once upon a time Raty was supposed to be the number 1 guy right? What happened there?

Raty basically stagnated and never took that next step to separate himself. So there’s some assumption that he’s not gonna grow more and instead of being 1st line talent, he’s gonna be a 3rd line talent.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

Beniers is #6 by central scouting...#6 in NA...

Eklund is #1 in Europe.

I think Powers is going #1. After that all bets are off.

Reactions: debaser66

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I won't be upset if we pick him but I can't shake the feeling that Beniers becomes a 55 point solid defensively center. Not a bad guy to have on your team but with a top pick you want a lot more.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I won't be upset if we pick him but I can't shake the feeling that Beniers becomes a 55 point solid defensively center. Not a bad guy to have on your team but with a top pick you want a lot more.

I'd take that. That has value and the top of this draft is risky. There are no elite sure thing prospects at the top.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Or he could become center with 65-70 points and regularly fight for Selke. I can also say about any prospect on this draft. Power can become Ekblad, or he can become Hanifin, or maybe someone else. It all depends on their development and case. Maybe we will choose the third and choose Beniers, and he will be 2C at 55-60 points with an excellent two-sided game, would that be bad? I think no.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
What's anyone's thoughts on Mason McTavish? Has rocketed up the draft class but never heard his name mentioned on our draft site here Thoughts?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
What's anyone's thoughts on Mason McTavish? Has rocketed up the draft class but never heard his name mentioned on our draft site here Thoughts?

I want him. :laugh:
Mason McTavish is Bolstering Draft Profile in Unique Year
2021 NHL Draft #12: Mason McTavish Scouting Report

"He kind of has that Nazem Kadri edge to him," another scout added. "McTavish has the grit you want out of a physical forward and puts a ton of power into his shot. I'd say McTavish is more of a play driver than Kadri, though."

We could call him Stone. That's worth something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad