2021 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1: July 23 (8 p.m. ET; ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVA Sports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Only if you like moving sideways.

Vilardi and/or Kupari 8 to move up, sure, but not Turcotte.
How is getting the offensive minded defense man we need to go anywhere in this league and a gritty winger which we don't really have especially now that Mac is gone. I honestly think Turcotte might be great but he will be injured alot and never reach his true potential Bertuzzi gives us much needed grit.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Mid first and a B level prospect. Not a top 10 pick and one of our best prospects. If you package 8OA and Turcotte it better get you a young top pairing left handed defenseman signed with term.
you get a top pairing defenseman at 6 this team can wait a year or so for him to develop and guess what u have a cost controlled top pairing defenseman under control for long term

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
As long as we get 6 out of it I would be fine

8 and Turrcotte for 6 and Bertuzzi

Yikes.

I like Bertuzzi but this basically plays like trading 8OA for Bertuzzi and then the #5OA from 2019 for the #6OA in this year's draft.

I think something including the 8OA and Turcotte can be used for a better player than Bertuzzi. Those are two big assets for the Kings.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
How is getting the offensive minded defense man we need to go anywhere in this league and a gritty winger which we don't really have especially now that Mac is gone. I honestly think Turcotte might be great but he will be injured alot and never reach his true potential Bertuzzi gives us much needed grit.

If his calling card is grit then that’s too much of a price to pay. As mentioned previous, his back is an issue. Personally, I’d stay clear.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I give up i guess people are to stuck on Turcotte then figuring out that long term we get a player who can step in our top 6 till the kids are ready provide some score some goals and add some much needed grit for a kid who has proven nothing but seems to get hurt alot. Getting the young defenseman should be the priority of this draft but yet again no I have been trying to get a defenseme a for the last 3 drafts to help lower Drews mins but nothing I guess everyone is fine with Drew playing 27 mins a game I am not The only way to get a top young defenseman is to draft them no one is trading us one.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
If his calling card is grit then that’s too much of a price to pay. As mentioned previous, his back is an issue. Personally, I’d stay clear.
Hes good for 20 goals a year and 50 -55 points Lets not be this naive The grit is something the kings dont have but yeah lets focus only on that

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Hes good for 20 goals a year and 50 -55 points Lets not be this naive The grit is something the kings dont have but yeah lets focus only on that

You must of missed the part of the post I mentioned the back issues which are a concern. We’ll agree to disagree regarding Bertuzzi. Thanks.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I give up i guess people are to stuck on Turcotte then figuring out that long term we get a player who can step in our top 6 till the kids are ready provide some score some goals and add some much needed grit for a kid who has proven nothing but seems to get hurt alot. Getting the young defenseman should be the priority of this draft but yet again no I have been trying to get a defenseme a for the last 3 drafts to help lower Drews mins but nothing I guess everyone is fine with Drew playing 27 mins a game I am not The only way to get a top young defenseman is to draft them no one is trading us one.

Should still be able to draft a defenseman at 8OA.

Turcotte has not given any indication that he won't be as productive as Bertuzzi plus Bertuzzi has his own injury issues. Turcotte will be on a three year ELC starting next season while Bertuzzi would need a new deal.

I do love the grit that Bertuzzi brings, but I'd rather target Reinhart who is consistently healthy and can also play C. Even then, I don't want to give up Turcotte and--trust me--I am concerned that he gets hurt just falling down.

I'm not a proponent of hanging on to every prospect but your blue chippers need to be moved for something better than Bertuzzi or, in this case, a draft pick.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
You must of missed the part of the post I mentioned the back issues which are a concern. We’ll agree to disagree regarding Bertuzzi. Thanks.
hes not the first king to have back issues We seem to have a good team doctor for this sorta injury. Look at vilardi just saying

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Hell no. This is the crappiest of crapshoot drafts ever. Overpaying to move 2 spots up from 8th to 6th isn't a risk I'd take unless you're SURE you're hitting a homerun at that pick. Good luck with that.

Yea for sure. If you moved way up, fine, but not for a couple of spots. When the heads that cover drafts are all over the place, you know things are risky. Not a lot of consensus at all, and after the draft I bet the same can be said of GM's.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
hes not the first king to have back issues We seem to have a good team doctor for this sorta injury. Look at vilardi just saying

Re: Vilardi, good point. I just can’t give up a guy like Turcotte to get Bertuzzi along with a swap of picks. I have reservations about him.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
@6 you get a choice of Clarke or Edvinsson @8 your getting who is left and possible neither

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
@BigKing, agree regarding Reinhart. Would be a great add. Comes down to cost. Buffalo likely asks for 8 and a guy like Turcotte plus another asset.

Apparently, Adams is looking a for a Kings ransom for guys he has on the market.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
i wouldn't give anything too valuable up to move up two spots to #6. Seems like a waste. If moving to 6, that means Det isn't taking our guy and wants to move back. So it's simply jumping SJ. If a guy falls that we absolutely MUST have and we think SJ will take him, then ok. But you need to be careful giving up too much. One step forward and one step back.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Re: Vilardi, good point. I just can’t give up a guy like Turcotte to get Bertuzzi along with a swap of picks. I have reservations about him.
the reseations u have with Bertuzzi I have with Turcotte I would like to sell high on him and this trade fills both needs for us All that would be left is a short term vet left d and we are set for a playoff run . With a young stud d for 23

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
the reseations u have with Bertuzzi I have with Turcotte I would like to sell high on him and this trade fills both needs for us All that would be left is a short term vet left d and we are set for a playoff run . With a young stud d for 23

The problem is that you aren't selling high on him.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
@BigKing, agree regarding Reinhart. Would be a great add. Comes down to cost. Buffalo likely asks for 8 and a guy like Turcotte plus another asset.

Apparently, Adams is looking a for a Kings ransom for guys he has on the market.

And his team will continue to be the worst in the league. No one is giving a top pick and top prospect for Reinhart. Again, mid-range first round and B level prospect. I don't see Eichel getting traded at this point., the combo of fantasyland cost and lingering injury questions is a dealbreaker.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You show me a better deal that nets us both a top pairing defenseman and a top 6 forward and I will consider it

Where am I netting a top pairing defenseman? I'm not netting anything except getting Bertuzzi and losing Turcotte. Moving from 8 to 6 gets me a prospect who might have been there at 8 anyways or might not be as good as the person the Kings could have got at 8 by standing pat.

I think Detroit would absolutely love to walk out of this draft with Turcotte and the 8th pick all for Bertuzzi and moving down only two spots.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Where am I netting a top pairing defenseman? I'm not netting anything except getting Bertuzzi and losing Turcotte. Moving from 8 to 6 gets me a prospect who might have been there at 8 anyways or might not be as good as the person the Kings could have got at 8 by standing pat.

I think Detroit would absolutely love to walk out of this draft with Turcotte and the 8th pick all for Bertuzzi and moving down only two spots.
One of Clarke or Edvinsson are projected to be top pairing defenseman. I believe the scouts on this Both have upside to be top pairing defenseman. Who know maybe Clarke gets chosen from New Jersey and Hughes falls. However all 3 have top pairing upside let not pretend Yes the draft is a crapshoot but at least at 6 u get a shot at the d your looking for. This king team is loaded at forward and I would not draft a goalie this high no matter how good hes rated ( having storr flashbacks ) Bertuzzi is a top 6 50 point player lets not pretend hes trash He is also in his prime years so maybe gets a little better. This trade is also something Hoven said the kings were looking into. Again show me a trade that gets us both and i ll trade the better of the 2

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
@6 you get a choice of Clarke or Edvinsson @8 your getting who is left and possible neither

Maybe. What if they go 4 & 5?

If I'm trading the 8OA + Turcotte, I'd rather add and go after a guy like Werenski. Bertuzzi is a nice piece, but at this point, the Kings don't really need to be spending assets to get prospects with upside, they have that. A better focus would be on a proven young defenseman. I don't think you are far off on value though, 6th picks traditionally are a level above 8th picks and wouldn't be cheap.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Maybe. What if they go 4 & 5?

If I'm trading the 8OA + Turcotte, I'd rather add and go after a guy like Werenski. Bertuzzi is a nice piece, but at this point, the Kings don't really need to be spending assets to get prospects with upside, they have that. A better focus would be on a proven young defenseman. I don't think you are far off on value though, 6th picks traditionally are a level above 8th picks and wouldn't be cheap.
Then u don't make the trade. You only do the trade if can get one of them Werenski is a great pickup however without a long term extension I wouldnt touch him. Seriously did u not learn from the Lucic trade? Lets not pretend that rumors of him wanting to sign in detriot arent out there cause they are.

well thanks on the value part you have to give to get and i really think u need to be higher then 8 to get one of the 4 defenseman

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Then u don't make the trade. You only do the trade if can get one of them Werenski is a great pickup however without a long term extension I wouldnt touch him. Seriously did u not learn from the Lucic trade? Lets not pretend that rumors of him wanting to sign in detriot arent out there cause they are.

well thanks on the value part you have to give to get and i really think u need to be higher then 8 to get one of the 4 defenseman

How does the Lucic trade have anything to do with Werenski? He's restricted. Choosing to sign in Detroit wouldn't even be an option for another 5 years at least, and probably longer as the Kings would lock him up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad