2021 NHL Entry Draft - July 23-24th

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Physical Kid with a one timer. Sign me up.

“He plays a physical north-south game, and takes to his role with a great deal of enthusiasm. He’s never seen an opportunity to play the body that was too good to pass up. He’s got a pretty heavy shot, too; his one-timer, in particular, does serious damage. -

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Ok, thus far we've taken a dropping first rounder (more later), a goalie of note who didn't play, and then two overagers, one heading to college after a very impressive USHL season and the other a physical checking line player in Liiga.

Thus, we've hit the USHL, a nordic country (twice), and the overage category. That fits our MO.

I still see a lot of interesting names on the boards, many of which are overagers or OHLers who didn't play (much) this year.

If I had to guess, I'd say the next two picks consist of an OHLer who didn't play and a QMJHLer.

For my taste, I'd love to see us add Lorenzo Canonica, Noah Meier, Elias Stenman or Arvid Eljas.

Of course, Scott Lachance's son is still avialable.:)

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So what are your thoughts on Raty?

This is a win for us.

I have no doubt that he's an NHLer. I think he'll be - at worst - a lower line player, likely a center, who hounds the opposition and makes the odd play that makes everyone wonder why he's not a regular 60-point guy.

He'll measure in with very good hockey size, he understands the game and is very coachable, and there's really no role he's not ready to assume.

He had problems this season, because he's a workaholic and overdid it with his workouts before and then during the season. Suddenly, he gained muscle weight and compactness, but then lost some of the swift movement on the ice that scouts had gotten used to. In addition, he was never in a scoring role and playing against men for a competitive team right from day 1 this past season.

I have NO worries about his psyche or mental make-up.

The kid will bounce back and he will be an NHLer, health allowing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad