Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They're not exhausted. They played like this much of the Toronto series. They just play uninspired hockey.

It can be both. And they were clearly fatigued in the back half of the Toronto series too. The physical malaise set in early. The mental aspects and the general character of the team and the way they go about things sit on top of that, for sure, and are arguably more important. But the fitness and condition of the players is absolutely a factor too, IMO.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Florida is a dirty team. To beat Florida, the Bruins will have to beat them up. Is Montgomery the coach for that?
No. He’s not. I don’t even think Florida is a dirty team. They play hard and on the line. Boston does neither

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The rule on goalie interference in the Coyle situation comes down to this in the wording of the rule. Did the push “cause” Coyle to interfere with Swayman? They are essentially ruling the push “did not cause” Coyle to interfere with Swayman. It’s obvious Coyle and Sway get tangled up, and Coyle interfered Sway ability to play. It’s like the refs are placing the blame for the interference on Coyle, at least partially, at that he partially “caused” the interference. It’s like were Sway and Coyle going to collide at some point on that play even if not pushed? Bennet seems to push Coyle to get access to the puck. But does he push Coyle and “cause” goaltender interference? I don’t know. So much wiggle room in the wording of the rule.
Btw, if the f'ingref had called that goalie interference, it would have been Coyle's biggest highlight in these PO's.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yup the refs suck and they helped screw us over, but that's hockey and complaining about it we sound like Vancouver sounded when we beat them for the cup. The Big Bad Panthers are just really good at what they do and have more talent.

They are coached to be dirty (think back to when Maurice coached Winnipeg, they were dirty too, it's what he teaches) but they are smart dirty and they are in the Bruins heads as a result.

If we had more offensive talent the good effort to start this game was there and maybe we'd have buried them but alas we do not have that talent and we can't really play at that speed for 3 full periods. We just aren't that good.

A lot of guys worked hard tonight though. They didn't quit, and you have to admire that. Oh, and they beat the Leafs.
Go after Stephenson as he has grit and can skate. Don't want Lindholm as price he will want.

Reactions: GoBs and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Donny found sway McAvoy lohrei and carlo. That trio can keep this team in playoffs for years. Those are foundational pieces.
Blind squirrel finds nuts. Most GMs find a few decent players but putting together a SC winning team is much more difficult and a huge job. HE's keeping them competing during the season and getting people to pay up for the privilege of watching the dog & pony show.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The Bruins could come back in this series. Win three games in a row. Use that momentum to carry them to a Cup.

I don’t care. I’m not watching another game this playoffs. I will decide on next season later. Meantime I’ll still check in here because I love you guys. But I’m done with the NHL for a bit.
The sad part of this is that until enough fans think like this . The NHL will continue to cater to small market teams at the expense of the integrity of the league

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Here is why Monty and the FO won’t say squat. The dictator that runs the NHL won’t let anyone speak about about his magical league which is simply pathetic.

Attachments

• DAA5DA28-E3E0-4C2F-9BDF-5405657CE0F9.jpeg
    DAA5DA28-E3E0-4C2F-9BDF-5405657CE0F9.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 1

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My last post got deleted so I’ll tone it down this time….

We are down 3-1 and fighting for our lives Tuesday. Ya’ll decide whether you want to feel sorry for yourselves or get behind these boys for Game 5. We ain’t dead, until we’re dead. Yeah we got done dirty by the officiating, but the past is the past. Win f***ing Game 5, and stay alive. That’s all that really matters at this point. I ain’t got time for feeling sorry for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad