2021 NHL Entry Draft - July 23-24th

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Like I’ve said before, Lou is better served moving these picks to help the current roster.

don’t need more reaches like Holmström and Ljungkrantz. There is a weird element to how Lou drafts and more often than not, it’s not pretty.

I’d rather use these picks to try and entice someone to take bad contracts off our hands.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Like I’ve said before, Lou is better served moving these picks to help the current roster.

don’t need more reaches like Holmström and Ljungkrantz. There is a weird element to how Lou drafts and more often than not, it’s not pretty.

I’d rather use these picks to try and entice someone to take bad contracts off our hands.

Suggestions?

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Suggestions?
As in who would I suggest trading?

ive been pretty cut and dry that the Lou would be better off trying to use whatever picks he has to unload bad contracts.

aside from just trying to make any room to possibly add anyone via FA/Trade we have a lot of our own RFAs to keep in mind.

We are better off with financial flexibility than allowing Lou to draft.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

ive been pretty cut and dry that the Lou would be better off trying to use whatever picks he has to unload bad contracts.

aside from just trying to make any room to possibly add anyone via FA/Trade we have a lot of our own RFAs to keep in mind.

I trust trent klatt and his staff to draft, but lou has the final say

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I trust trent klatt and his staff to draft, but lou has the final say

I wasnt too thrilled with last years draft.

I thought Ljungkratz was way early and off the board. Especially considering there were people who didn’t even have him ranked.
I thought the Dufour and Rajaniemi picks were ok.

jeffries looks like he can be a lightning in a bottle pick but chances are he won’t be.

just thought it was a meh draft for us.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

I thought Ljungkratz was way early and off the board. Especially considering there were people who didn’t even have him ranked.

jeffries looks like he can be a lightning in a bottle pick but chances are he won’t be.

well it was because they had 5 picks and all in the later rounds. Personally as long as they can come over in some form, thats what matters to me

scott99

May 13, 2005

Hated our top picks the last 2 years. Though I actually feel Ljungkrantz may actually turn out to be a better player than Holmstrom. I give more leeway to Ljungkrantz, since he was a 3rd round pick. Crazy thing is, they made same excellent picks AFTER those guys.

I truly expect a Swede or Finn to be our first pick in this year’s draft at #59. Probably someone rated 80-90, this is the Isles M.O.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Hated our top picks the last 2 years. Though I actually feel Ljungkrantz may actually turn out to be a better player than Holmstrom. I give more leeway to Ljungkrantz, since he was a 3rd round pick. Crazy thing is, they made same excellent picks AFTER those guys.

I truly expect a Swede or Finn to be our first pick in this year’s draft at #59. Probably someone rated 80-90, this is the Isles M.O.
I expect a CHL guy this time.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I expect a CHL guy this time.
If I was a betting man, I’d wager on that, I fully expect a Swede or Finn. This draft is chock full of Swedes and Finns. We’ve taken a Swede with our first pick, 3 years in a row (Wahlstrom’s parents are Swedes). I believe he has dual citizenship.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Wasn't Moe Berg the lead singer of Canadian Band from the 80s "The Pursuit of Happiness"

Good thing it wasn’t Moe Green

upload_2021-7-2_23-34-7.png

Reactions: BTrotts19

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If I was a betting man, I’d wager on that, I fully expect a Swede or Finn. This draft is chock full of Swedes and Finns. We’ve taken a Swede with our first pick, 3 years in a row (Wahlstrom’s parents are Swedes). I believe he has dual citizenship.
If helenius does fall to us, i want him. That dude could be a very good B6 chip down the road.

Reactions: xECK29x

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
He is a little undersized, but I like some clips I have seen of Peter Reynolds from Saint John of QMJHL

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Fair enough, but what do you think the six picks we have this summer, starting at 58/59, would be able to help us to unload?

ASIDE:
As someone who is heavily involved in the prospect watching business, the 2022 draft is SO GOOD that it would almost be a form of organizational suicide to enter that draft without a first rounder. I simply cannot imagine any team in this league moving such a pick for the sake of cap relief at this juncture.

Of course, some likely will...

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I think it's just his dad who is Swedish, right?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Fair enough, but what do you think the six picks we have this summer, starting at 58/59, would be able to help us to unload?

ASIDE:
As someone who is heavily involved in the prospect watching business, the 2022 draft is SO GOOD that it would almost be a form of organizational suicide to enter that draft without a first rounder. I simply cannot imagine any team in this league moving such a pick for the sake of cap relief at this juncture.

Well unless we go for another push, the pick SHOULD stay, hopefully. Unless we get a deadline deal that works, then i don't wanna think about that pick. Focus on the cup journey, the draft second for absolutely anything

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island

ASIDE:

I don’t think we will move heaven and earth, but a second rounder and maybe a B spec absolutely can help entice someone to take Ladd for example.

I am not going to say it’s a stone cold certainty that someone will take a bad contract off our hands with picks, but it’s an Avenue I’d prefer to take than allow Lou to draft.

To that extent I’d rather even see Lou utilize picks for known commodities than draft.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
While it's hard not to look good on a highlight reel, Dufour and Bolduc look really good. Fingers crossed.
I think Dufour could be a tuch clone, which i would absolutely love. This org needs more wingers and that kid could easily be that next one. He absolutely is my favorite out of the meh draft last year besides tikkanen, who's huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00