2021 NHL Entry Draft - July 23-24th

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It is so hard to project picks in the 50's. But the 2 that look good to me are Duke and Johnston. I was looking for scoring talent when I did a little dip into seeing who may be available for us to pick when our turn came up. These 2 would give BP a boost down the road. That's not unless we go to some obscure Swedish player again. lol

Reactions: Rengi and SI90

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It is so hard to project picks in the 50's. But the 2 that look good to me are Duke and Johnston. I was looking for scoring talent when I did a little dip into seeing who may be available for us to pick when our turn came up. These 2 would give BP a boost down the road. That's not unless we go to some obscure Swedish player again. lol

Duke is high on my list

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Puck Pedia has us picking at #60 but I am not sure this is incorrect. Arizona forfeited their 1st pick which should move us up. And Colorado did not make the final 4.

2021 NHL DRAFT PICK ASSETS ROUND 2
RoundPickOverallTeamFromTrade Details
22860October 12, 2020

TRADE ANALYSIS
The Colorado Avalanche acquired Devon Toews from the New York Islanders for a 2021 second round pick and a 2022 second round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Theres still plenty of variables where we are, but what about trading up to draft? Has anyone thought of that?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Puck Pedia has us picking at #60 but I am not sure this is incorrect. Arizona forfeited their 1st pick which should move us up. And Colorado did not make the final 4.

2021 NHL DRAFT PICK ASSETS ROUND 2
RoundPickOverallTeamFromTrade Details
22860October 12, 2020

TRADE ANALYSIS
The Colorado Avalanche acquired Devon Toews from the New York Islanders for a 2021 second round pick and a 2022 second round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

It is technically the 59th OA pick

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
The scouts are really going to earn their money this draft. Anyone who thinks they have a good handle on this draft is just kidding themselves. Lou is as old school as it gets. He has shown a preference for bigger players regardless of position, and based on the previous couple of drafts it seems that the European scouts have his ear. So I'm predicting he selects a Swedish or Finnish player with size.

Of course he'll probably select a 5'9" kid from New Jersey just to screw with me.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m in favor of standing Pat, trading back, or using this draft to shed salary.

BUT, I just read that there’s reports that Chaz Lucius is dropping on boards because of his injury. This kid is a goal scoring machine and I have him as a top10-15 talent.

if he slips passed 25 I would try to move up and get him. I can’t see that happening but you never know. If he’s dropping he could be a grand slam type pick.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The scouts are really going to earn their money this draft. Anyone who thinks they have a good handle on this draft is just kidding themselves. Lou is as old school as it gets. He has shown a preference for bigger players regardless of position, and based on the previous couple of drafts it seems that the European scouts have his ear. So I'm predicting he selects a Swedish or Finnish player with size.

Of course he'll probably select a 5'9" kid from New Jersey just to screw with me.
Helenius is a perfect lou player by your definition but he's gonna be gone when we pick. Savage, knies, and broz all fit that lou mold. we're gonna need centers and certainly more wingers this draft

Reactions: Draftman

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
At 59 Lou will not be making the pick, the scouts are, and I very much doubt Lou is instructing them to pick such and such a player. What points towards a European pick is that junior leagues there have been playing more so there is probably more sightings of those players, but I'm sure they'll pick whoever they like the most

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I highly doubt Lou is going to be using assets to move up in the draft when he would rather be using those assets to help further this teams chances of winning a Cup.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
My question is if lou does a move this draft or holds off until next season. I would love to see him try to move up this draft but considering where this team is and the core they have, i doubt it.

I think if anything, we're trading these 2nd rounders away.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Love the many thoughts here, guys, but we all know the team is taking a Swedish forward with that 59th pick.

If it's not moved in a trade.:sarcasm:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I will mention some things about how the Isles could attack the six picks they have when the draft approaches.

This year is just wild and somebody is going to come out of this thing an unexpected real winner. And 5 years down the line, folks are going to be wondering how they possibly managed to get this, this, this, and that guy all in the same draft.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Love the many thoughts here, guys, but we all know the team is taking a Swedish forward with that 59th pick.

If it's not moved in a trade.:sarcasm:

That would make me happy! ;)

Oliver Moberg or William Strömgren might be available for us. I would be happy with either one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad