Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Volume 2

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Man, if the Ducks didn't make that goofy McTavish pick at 3rd overall, they could've had a great first 3 rounds.
it eats me that this is the case. I really thought we were going eklund with the Swedish connection. At least trade down to get him later and an added 2nd roudner

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
it eats me that this is the case. I really thought we were going eklund with the Swedish connection. At least trade down to get him later and an added 2nd roudner

You got Bob Murray'd. As soon as it was announced, I was like, "That makes sense." He's a good player, but he's what I'd call a high floor/mid ceiling player. I think if he's a 2C/LW in impact, that's best case. He's a very competent, intelligent kid though. His work ethic and puck hounding just exceeds the still reasonable skill. I'm not sure he could've traded down for him though, with McKenzie having him 4th.

That said, the 2nd and 3rd rounders for the Ducks were bangers.

Reactions: flyerslducks

GagneHanson12

Aug 15, 2011
Bro sportsnets coverage is complete ass, like I dont ever want to watch anything related to NHL again bad

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Feels like some lazy picks today to be honest. I'm not saying they're bad because I don't know this kid from Adam (even if he's playing in a Swiss junior league, which isn't exactly a historically productive crop). But they drafted kids they got to see a lot at the u18s and a kid with a KHL sample. I think their dives may have been shallower than the international diversity superficially shows.

But the Flyers not really killing it value-wise today, and I'm dead sure of that one, while the Canes have 13 picks. If ever there was a draft to have more dart throws.....and not sit tight and draft low ranked Swiss junior players.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Feels like some lazy picks today to be honest. I'm not saying they're bad because I don't know this kid from Adam (even if he's playing in a Swiss junior league, which isn't exactly a historically productive crop). But they drafted kids they got to see a lot at the u18s and a kid with a KHL sample. I think their dives may have been shallower than the international diversity superficially shows.

But the Flyers not really killing it value-wise today, and I'm dead sure of that one, while the Canes have 13 picks. If ever there was a draft to have more dart throws.....and not sit tight and draft low ranked Swiss junior players.

For the Flyers, it feels like the draft is almost an afterthought, both pre and post Hextall

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Carolina less than halfway done. Though they might swap some more of these for picks next season?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
You got Bob Murray'd. As soon as it was announced, I was like, "That makes sense." He's a good player, but he's what I'd call a high floor/mid ceiling player. I think if he's a 2C/LW in impact, that's best case. He's a very competent, intelligent kid though. His work ethic and puck hounding just exceeds the still reasonable skill. I'm not sure he could've traded down for him though, with McKenzie having him 4th.

That said, the 2nd and 3rd rounders for the Ducks were bangers.
what about our 2nd/3rd

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
what about our 2nd/3rd

Zellwegger may have been the 5th best defender in the draft outside the top guys. And Pastujov was a great value pick for a kid with a lot of all-around offensive skill. His skating needs work, but he's got some on puck physicality to make up for it. I liked those picks. If you guys got Eklund or Hughes or someone at #3, it would have been bonkers.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Zellwegger may have been the 5th best defender in the draft outside the top guys. And Pastujov was a great value pick for a kid with a lot of talent. I liked those picks. If you guys got Eklund or someone, it would have been bonkers.
my b lol I meant ours as in flyers 2nd and 3rds (whole draft really)

Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad