Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Volume 2

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
$3m is cheap for a player with Laughton’s recent record. Goodrow got more and an extra year without producing as much or being a center option. And he’s actually a year older, 15 months to be precise.
15 months?

That's like 2 years older according to some

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
$3m is cheap for a player with Laughton’s recent record. Goodrow got more and an extra year without producing as much or being a center option. And he’s actually a year older, 15 months to be precise.

I'm not going to clutter this thread up, but where do you slot him on THIS year's depth chart? The 4th line? It's hard to argue he's a top 9 forward in year 1 of his contract. Is he a 3rd liner in talent? Probably. But it's a little like Meltzer calling Ristolainen a 40 point defender, albeit he doesn't stink. You are what your usage grants you. If you say he's an emergency 3C, I can't really retort other than to say: if that's the case, it's DOA.

It's less about Laughton being worth $3 mil to some team......and more about Laughton being worth $3 mil to this team with their needs and with a 5 year commitment. I wouldn't have minded an additional $1.5 mil in cap space and 2nd rounder. Or maybe not based on the last few days.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Haven’t seen Samson, but an August birthday RHD with adequate size & who had decent production this season is a profile well worth a 6th rd. pick.

Reactions: Tripod

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Zero chance any of the 3-7 draft picks making it. Not even the Phantoms. Maybe Reading or Europe. Not this year. Black Hole with no hope of escape. Unless Einstein and Hawking are wrong.

Still mad that NYR picked Othmann.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
Zero chance any of the 3-7 draft picks making it. Not even the Phantoms. Maybe Reading or Europe. Not this year. Black Hole with no hope of escape. Unless Einstein and Hawking are wrong.

Still mad that NYR picked Othmann.
Calm down lol. This is not a deep draft and evaluations are nowhere near as accurate as prior years because of covid.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Muskegon has had two defensemen drafted and Jacob Guevin was not one of them somehow.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
At least no cap space will be used signing any of them. Maybe the goal was to not get anyone who will play on the team so we don't have to worry about Cap management in the future.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Have we turned into that team that takes local kids for no reason other than giving no f***s? He outscored a kid going to Long Island University in 2022 by 1 point. 7th round local high schoolers who aren't even dominant feels like a great market.

To call Fletcher and Flahr's draft lazy and uninspired would be understating it. By a f***ing mile.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Lousy draft year. Maybe a bit 2012-esque. Can’t believe I sat through & watched the whole thing.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If you liked this draft and trust the F Boys as evaluators, especially with few picks, just remember we don't have a 2nd rounder for the next 2 years. Fletcher and Flahr's history told us their drafts would have diminishing returns. I'm talking picks and value. They staved off the former until this year.

God knows who they would've wasted #13 on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad