Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Volume 2

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
If you liked this draft and trust the F Boys as evaluators, especially with few picks, just remember we don't have a 2nd rounder for the next 2 years. Fletcher and Flahr's history told us their drafts would have diminishing returns. I'm talking picks and value. They staved off the former until this year.

God knows who they would've wasted #13 on.
I judge GM’s in large part by how they treat premium picks. They should be sacred, the lifeblood of an organization in any sport.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So Fletcher f***ed the team in trades and then choked in the draft.

Any superfans want to still pretend he’s better than Hextall? At least the previous idiot didn’t go out of his way to lose trades and punt the draft. There’s literally nothing Fletcher does well.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
If Rommy the Cat hated Othmann, would you stop being a fan?

How could Rommy hate Othmann?? He is the one who suggested him as the Flyers pick in the first place.......................................Rommy and I both hate the Rangers for taking him.......

My other player I really liked in fun: "Zits" [ Pasquale Zito]; was taken in the 6th by the Red Wings....I had him in jest as a Flyers pick in the 7th......

Klimovich was taken before we had a chance in the 2nd

I still dislike Fletcher and Scott for being traitors to " the Cause" [ you know....Hockey's "FUTURES" ].......

And finally to all my distractors......Phoo-y for thinking I was getting uptight [ and outta sight, Stevie Wonder] for blunder-bussing about the draft picks.....I think like you, they mailed it in.....

Good night Chet, good night David and good night for NBC News.......

Reactions: Larry44 and Magua

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Guys that went undrafted from my list:

upload_2021-7-24_18-24-52.png

-Motew I'm really surprised went undrafted considering all of the OHL kids that got drafted this year without playing. I think he's going to blow up the OHL next year with Pinelli.

-Guevin had one of the most productive u18 seasons by a defenseman ever in the USHL. Not a great size+skating combo but that was a layup pick in the later rounds as a college follow.

-Reynolds is a micro-stat King. No idea how MacDonald got drafted and he didn't.

Not that I have any idea what I'm doing, but Tuomaala was the only skater I had ranked ahead of these guys, so there might be an opportunity to add a quality skater to the system through the free agent route, especially with the shortage of picks of late.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
So chuck was too busy bidding against himself for risto to come up with a smart drafting plan? Trading back and taking multiple swings at guys with upside seems obvious in a year like this one

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So chuck was too busy bidding against himself for risto to come up with a smart drafting plan? Trading back and taking multiple swings at guys with upside seems obvious in a year like this one
News flash: This draft sucked. They traded their 13 for immediate help at RHD, & they still got a guy at 45 who has as much upside as the guy Buffalo took at 13.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Guys that went undrafted from my list:

View attachment 455927

-Motew I'm really surprised went undrafted considering all of the OHL kids that got drafted this year without playing. I think he's going to blow up the OHL next year with Pinelli.

-Guevin had one of the most productive u18 seasons by a defenseman ever in the USHL. Not a great size+skating combo but that was a layup pick in the later rounds as a college follow.

-Reynolds is a micro-stat King. No idea how MacDonald got drafted and he didn't.

Not that I have any idea what I'm doing, but Tuomaala was the only skater I had ranked ahead of these guys, so there might be an opportunity to add a quality skater to the system through the free agent route, especially with the shortage of picks of late.
Please send this list to the Flyers to look at

:)

Motew:

"At the heart of Motew’s game is his skating ability. For my money, Motew has the potential to be the best skating defender available from the OHL this year. His top speed and ability to generate speed quickly is only a little above average, however I think the potential is there for him to really become more powerful as he gains lower body strength and learns to utilize those lateral crossovers more effectively and consistently. However, he is dynamic and fluid on his edges."

And he is not smol at 6'0

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You do have to look what's in your system, BPA is nice, but when you're talking marginal talents (not guys with the upside to beat out your top 4/top 6 guys) you have to look at need as well. This isn't the NFL where you turn over your roster every three years.

York, Zamula, Millman, Hogberg, Andrae, "undersized" LHDs is not an organizational priority for I don't know, 5 years?
Wylie, Attard, St Ivany, RHD is more iffy, will they sign the two college D-men?
Laczynski, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, JOB, Desnoyers, I'd say C should be at the top of the list
Foerster, Wisdom, Brink, Sandin, Tuomaala, RW is pretty set for a while
Ratcliffe, Lycksell, N Cates, Strome, LW is weak

So C, LW, and RHD are the obvious weaknesses.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad