Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
This better not be another character/leader player pick. See Dellandrea and passing on farabee. Which was stupid to begin with. First draft in Dallas maybe, just maybe go with the American.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
This better not be another character/leader player pick. See Dellandrea and passing on farabee. Which was stupid to begin with. First draft in Dallas maybe, just maybe go with the American.

Expect that to happen for 2 more years.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
For as much as Othmann is an enjoyable player to watch, it definitely would be going back to the Dellandrea/Faksa/Dickinson well. All guys who have enough tools for you to see upside, and 100% gonna play in the NHL in some capacity. But, are most likely just good role players in the pros.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Othmann in my eyes has a higher upside than Dellandrea or Faksa. He would have been the 1st overall pick in his OHL draft if Shane Wright wasn’t granted exceptional status, and his profile then was far from a grinder/energy guy. In his 16yo season, he much more reminded me of someone like Mavrik Bourque than Ty Dellandrea.

The physicality and energy he showed at the U18s was a huge surprise for me. He grew at least 3 inches since the last OHL season and his revised play style was likely in part learned from his time playing in the pros in Switzerland and an adaptation to having to compliment two skilled players in Wright and Guenther. I think he has Gabe Landeskog upside personally.

Reactions: Satan

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
In general, I'm always just a little skeptical about guys with just okay production. It's never really that I doubt the ceiling, it's more so the likelihood of reaching it. Question should be how likely is he of becoming Gabe Landeskog rather then is it possible that he gets there. This season makes it tougher to value production, so I'm happy to give a little leeway. I'm not against an Othmann selection, just a bit skeptical.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I think McTavish upped his value a ton during the U18’s but maybe he could be available when the Stars pick. Wouldn’t mind Sillinger either.

I guess Coronato would be interesting as well and Raty has potential while adding to the finnish mafia !

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Might not be a bad year to trade down and try to stock up on 3rd rounders .

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I hadn't realized what an incredible (albeit short) year Cossa had. No interest in picking a keeper, but it seems like NHL GMs are fine taking goalies high again. Would be nice if at least one Wallstedt or Cossa go ahead of the Stars selection.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
so if dad evils beat the flyers tomorrow and the stars lose the stars pick 12th, if not- 13th, correct?

Might not be a bad year to trade down and try to stock up on 3rd rounders .

nah baby we second round team now

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
so if dad evils beat the flyers tomorrow and the stars lose the stars pick 12th, if not- 13th, correct?

nah baby we second round team now

Gotta add Seattle pick in there.

Flyers with a regulation win, will drop below the Stars in the draft, if Dallas also loses their last game.

Reactions: sportswastaken

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I'm trying so hard not to look to deep in the draft so I get dissapointed by whomever they draft. Worked pretty well last year with Bourque, he was a pleasant surprise

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm trying so hard not to look to deep in the draft so I get dissapointed by whomever they draft. Worked pretty well last year with Bourque, he was a pleasant surprise

I’m the same way. I honestly can’t even name who the top picks might be. Literally no clue about this draft and just gonna keep it that way lol

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I’m the same way. I honestly can’t even name who the top picks might be. Literally no clue about this draft and just gonna keep it that way lol
Owen power, luke hughes, dylan guenther, and william eklund
With johnsson, beniers and edvinsson getting mixed in depending on the source

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Owen power, luke hughes, dylan guenther, and william eklund
With johnsson, beniers and edvinsson getting mixed in depending on the source

I’ve heard Powers, Hughes and Eklunds name before, but don’t know much about them. Doubt we win the lotto so know point learning about them

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
what's our draft spot? we don't get a ping pong ball, right?
We don't know our official spot yet, best we could do is 14th worst so no lotto for us.
Even when we lose we can't do it right
Mtl, win and stl can knock us back to 14, the latter 2 should be able to but who knows.

Edit 13th, forgot arizona doesnt get a pick

Last edited:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Forgot Arizona doesnt get a pick so thats kind of like moving up a spot

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
We're still in the lotto for the top 2 selections I thought? The max of a "10 draft slot jump" change doesn't come into effect until 2022.

Should have a 2.1% at a top 2 selection (including a 1% chance at 1st overall)...so yeah, not likely, 14th overall here we come.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Mediocre team gets mediocre draft pick.

Can’t wait for the Benn/Seguin/Klingberg reign to be over.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We're still in the lotto for the top 2 selections I thought? The max of a "10 draft slot jump" change doesn't come into effect until 2022.

Should have a 2.1% at a top 2 selection (including a 1% chance at 1st overall)...so yeah, not likely, 14th overall here we come.

this is probably one of the worst drafts to win the lottery tbh

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
5ff5f6a8c7074.image.jpg

Reactions: DieselPig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad