Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Scott Wheeler at the Athletic has a Q&A going right now and this was his reply to if there is any chance of Eichel being moved:
"32m ago
@Zachary M. I don't think Eichel happens today. I'd guess that Reinhart is the most likely, especially now that the asking price is out there re: first and a top prospect. And I think the Flyers could move their pick (No. 14) if Lucius and Sillinger are both gone by then, so maybe them. Trades are so hard to predict though, especially at the draft where so much depends on what happens in front of you. The reality is that each of those guys are more likely to still be in Buffalo tomorrow than dealt."
A lot of these draft prognosticators have Sillinger and Lucius in the Flyers cross hairs.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
He is # 13 on my list:My 2021 NHL Draft List with Profiles from a Flyers Fan’s Perspective
Here is my write up:
Matthew Coronato LW 5’10.5 183 Matt Coronato is a high skill, scoring winger who has a lot of grit for a smaller player. He is fearless and will go into the dirty areas. Coronato is hyper competitive and the type of kid who will do whatever it takes to win. He has very shifty footwork and is a good skater. He is very smart and processes information quickly and efficiently. He always seems to be one step ahead of the play. Coronato is a volume shooter and has a high level of accuracy. He owns an excellent one timer slap shot combined with a very good wrister. He led the USHL by 16 goals. He is a good fit for the Flyers as he checks all of the boxes except size, but his compete level is so high that it mitigates the size problem. At 13 he is not a reach, and would be a good solid pick.
Great post sir. Thank you, I've heard great things about him but I personally haven't watched any of him this year, I'd be happy if we picked him, we could use a strong shooter

Reactions: IronMarshal

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
He is a very good goalie prospect. But I would always shy away from goalies in top 20, let alone top 10.
andrei vasilevskiy went 19th :sarcasm: no I get what you mean, it's such a strong gamble to pick them that early, and it typically takes much longer for them to develop

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's been pretty obvious for a while now that 13 was burning a hole in his pocket. He got in his head that this wasn't a good draft (fine opinion) and that there was little to no value to be had where they were picking (will be proven wrong). I can't imagine they couldn't have made this trade on the clock either to see if any of the top 9 slipped. Marginal value is not in his GM manual.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
-6 picks since Chuck took over. The window is closing...

upload_2021-7-23_17-16-21.png

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Just raw net (10-16=-6). They are down 6 players in three offseasons.

Too lazy to go through the actual pick value but it can't be pretty after the last two days.

It was a weak table joke.

Though at first glance, I did think you'd attempted to estimate actual value.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don’t think I can bear to watch this tonight. My insides are dead. I’ll spit out my shitty ranking right before but who cares? I haven’t even bothered to work on it today.
The draft is my favorite day of the year, but only if the Flyers are picking. I would rather have had Fletcher make the deal during the draft so I could have at least seen the first 13 picks.

Hey, we are returning to the days of Holmgren where we get rid of second round picks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad