2021 NHL Draft Thread II (R1 July 23rd (ESPN2) 8 PM EST; R2-7 July 24th (NHLN) 12PM EST)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Seem to be forgetting TFW. He is back on the ice and skating.

Reactions: Fro

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Seem to be forgetting TFW. He is back on the ice and skating.
Not forgetting, he'd probably be 11 or 12 for me.

EDIT: I did forget Foudy however. Probably have him at 4 behind Chinakhov

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Foudy was drafted 3 years ago. Isn't that a bit of a problem that he is still lsted as a "prospect".

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Regardless of what a player's ceiling is, I'm curious as to what they would be if they aren't a prospect?

Marchenko was selected the same year as Foudy. Is he not a prospect? Joe Veleno? Jonathan Berggren? We had Elvis for 5 years before he played a game. What was he before then? I could go on.

This isn't the NFL where guys are 22, 23, 24 when they're drafted. Theyre 17-18. Very few do anything in the league before 20-21.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well it is certainly true that Foudy has not done anything.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
A touch surprised we didn't draft a goalie.

-2012 Korpisalo (and Dansk)
-2014 Elvis
-2016 Thome (think he's a UFA this August if we don't sign him)
-2017 Tarasov
-2018 Vehvilainen (traded)

This franchise has never gone three straight drafts without selecting a goalie.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
A touch surprised we didn't draft a goalie.

-2012 Korpisalo (and Dansk)
-2014 Elvis
-2016 Thome (think he's a UFA this August if we don't sign him)
-2017 Tarasov
-2018 Vehvilainen (traded)

This franchise has never gone three straight drafts without selecting a goalie.
CBJProspects and I were discussing earlier...was expecting 2 to be drafted, stunned 1 wasnt

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Well it is certainly true that Foudy has not done anything.
I wasn't a huge fan of the pick at the time, thought it was a reach. But he's a legit NHL prospect with middle-six upside, likely a defensively responsible third liner who can move up a line. He'll be a useful player at some point.

Whether he was worth the 18th pick could be debated, certainly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Would be nice if he can figure out his health but I still like TFW over guys like Angle

Why?

I'm not debating it I just need to hear the reasoning. There's very little info/video on these guys out there.

I found more shift by shift vids for this year's prospects than for our AHLers.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Our goalie prospect pool is starting to run a bit dry. We essentially have Tarasov and nothing else.

Portzline tweeted that the death of Kivi has changed their thinking and it's likely they'll now keep Elvis and Korpi unless they get a good offer.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Portzline tweeted that the death of Kivi has changed their thinking and it's likely they'll now keep Elvis and Korpi unless they get a good offer.
I don’t think that solves any long term issue. You’ll inevitable lose 1 or both as a UFA next year. Outside of Tarasov we literally have nobody else in the pipeline except Cam Johnson.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Why?

I'm not debating it I just need to hear the reasoning. There's very little info/video on these guys out there.

I found more shift by shift vids for this year's prospects than for our AHLers.
Yeah I obviously havent found much either but I still like TFWs skillset. He too has the motor that doesnt quit but I feel like atleast at a younger age he had much more skill. I also think his body type is going to support that effort level at the next level a bit more but at the same time carrying extra weight can be more taxing cardio wise so it should be interesting. I think people get hung up on height but the weight TFW carries at his height is nuts.
Both seem to be progressing well, I just hope injuries dont stall TFW and his development

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah I obviously havent found much either but I still like TFWs skillset. He too has the motor that doesnt quit but I feel like atleast at a younger age he had much more skill. I also think his body type is going to support that effort level at the next level a bit more but at the same time carrying extra weight can be more taxing cardio wise so it should be interesting. I think people get hung up on height but the weight TFW carries at his height is nuts.
Both seem to be progressing well, I just hope injuries dont stall TFW and his development

I have no problem with adding a fire hydrant to the lineup.

It's just amazing how little info and video there is coming out of the AHL these days. We know everything about a million different prospects but things seem to go dark in Cleveland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad