2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Because scoring at a PPG pace in the NCAA is quite a bit more impressive at 18 than it is at 23.

I am not saying that the above formula is worthless, but it's fairly obvious that their calculations for NCAA players doesn't work when used on kids that could still be in high school/juniors. The fact that they weigh points equally for defensman and forwards doesn't make much sense either.
You should really read the entire 4 part series.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I think I've understood it the whole time. What comment have I made that isn't correct?
Forwards and Defenseman have separate projection models. There are separate models built for players at different stages of their development.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Forwards and Defenseman have separate projection models. There are separate models built for players at different stages of their development.
The chart you listed uses the same NHL-E formula for forwards and defenseman

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Quote from Guerin per Russo “We’re not going to chase anything, that’s for sure,” Guerin said when asking about potentially moving up or down. “We’re very comfortable where we are. To have two first-round picks this year is a good position to be in.”

As expected from my viewpoint and I agree its a good position to be in.

Reactions: keppel146

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I will say I’m very excited to see what Brackett can pull of tomorrow with 5 picks in the top 3 rounds. Last year, he effectively got 3 first round talents, maybe even 4 with Hunt’s current trajectory. I’ve always been very high on O’Rourke. I think he can be a 2/3 guy with grit. But, hunt has really impressed me. He looked so much more explosive this year. He could be a real steal.

Reactions: JP Flow

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
1st round targets (21/25):
  • Svechkov
  • Chibrikov
  • Lambos
  • Bourgualt
  • Rosen
  • Raty
  • Samoskevich
2nd Round targets:
  • Behrens
  • Helenius
  • Olsson
  • Salminen
  • Zellweger

Reactions: WILDTATE10

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sounds like we’re going to try and move up to take a goalie in the first round. Philadelphia and NYR are the teams being talked to

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
1st round targets (21/25):
  • Svechkov
  • Chibrikov
  • Lambos
  • Bourgualt
  • Rosen
  • Raty
  • Samoskevich
2nd Round targets:
  • Behrens
  • Helenius
  • Olsson
  • Salminen
  • Zellweger
No Pinelli? I don't know how Stankoven projects, but the guy looks electric every time I see him. He's taller than Caufield, has a really thick build, and can fly.
They are a bunch of Dmen with size in the 2nd that I think would be good options. Almost all of them can skate, too. This team needs defenders.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
No Pinelli? I don't know how Stankoven projects, but the guy looks electric every time I see him. He's taller than Caufield, has a really thick build, and can fly.
They are a bunch of Dmen with size in the 2nd that I think would be good options. Almost all of them can skate, too. This team needs defenders.
Pinelli is going to go early second round. I don’t think he’s really a consideration at this pick. I wouldn’t hate him at 25, though I just there will be better options. Stankoven I like the skill, but at some point we have to say we’ve got enough 5’9 and under players as part of our core. He is thick like you said though. What X-men are you looking at in the 2nd?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pinelli is going to go early second round. I don’t think he’s really a consideration at this pick. I wouldn’t hate him at 25, though I just there will be better options. Stankoven I like the skill, but at some point we have to say we’ve got enough 5’9 and under players as part of our core. He is thick like you said though. What X-men are you looking at in the 2nd?
Wolverine, Rogue, and Storm. The latter is getting on, but still would look good in a skintight Wild uniform, and she would probably freak out Reaves doing her eye thing if he tried any nonsense.

Reactions: physicaIgraffiti

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wolverine, Rogue, and Storm. The latter is getting on, but still would look good in a skintight Wild uniform, and she would probably freak out Reaves doing her eye thing if he tried any nonsense.
Ah. I was confused for a second. I can’t type on a phone to save my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad