2021 NHL Draft Prospects

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Dovar Tinling is now up to 24 points in 15 games should be a top-5 pick in the Q draft if he doesn't go to USA and a potential 1st round pick in the NHL for 2021. Very very high skillset

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Who's the projected first overall pick?

Will likely be between Aatu Ratty (C), Trevor Wong (C), Peter Reynolds (C), Joshua Roy (C/LW) Owen Power (LD), Carson Lambos (LD) and Cameron Whynot (LD). Those are the top kids emerging so far IMO.

No one really has a solid foot hold yet. Could easily be some other challengers that creep in over the coming seasons.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Logan Stankoven. Mark my words going to be a top ten pick. Complete 200 ft game, INSANE shot and great skater and passer. His IQ is through the roof. Only knock is his size at 5’8, but he’s built and only 15 years old. Stud.

Is there any other discussion on Stankoven?

Trevor has his own thread, Logan is same birth year, same league, they played a ton together in spring, has 2 and half times the points. oh yeah, and leading the BCMML - as in Major, not Minor.

He needs a lot more discussion.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Is there any other discussion on Stankoven?

Trevor has his own thread, Logan is same birth year, same league, they played a ton together in spring, has 2 and half times the points. oh yeah, and leading the BCMML - as in Major, not Minor.

He needs a lot more discussion.
Exactly this. I have no idea why Wong is getting all this overhype on this site. I would take at least 5 guys (maybe more) over him in Western Canada at this time.

Reactions: daddyohsix

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Exactly this. I have no idea why Wong is getting all this overhype on this site. I would take at least 5 guys (maybe more) over him in Western Canada at this time.

I mean, there is no bigger fan of Trevor than me (he is our own, BWC be damned, Saints is as much ours as TBirds) and GVC may be a weaker team, but seriously, 2 and half times. Nothing against Trevor but the silence on Stankoven is deafening.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Danill Zhlikin, Roman Schmidt, Brant Clarke, Francesco Pinelli from the Toronto area are guys to keep an eye on

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Raty & Reynolds are ahead right now, but who knows in a few years. 2021 is still 2.5 seasons left.
I definitely like Raty as a player and think he's a likely first rounder at this point, but he hasn't impressed sufficiently to be considered a front runner for 1st overall in his draft. Someone truly in the running for that honour should have been dominant at the recent World Under 17's. You can argue that he was held back by the quality of his line-mates in that tournament, but a true first overall generally has the ability to make his line-mates better, especially at that level of play. Besides, when he found himself on the power-play with guys like Hirvonen and Suni, he didn't look that much better.

Now, you can argue that was a short tournament with unfamiliar line-mates, but his Nuorten SM-Liiga number don't scream "1st Overall" either. He's averaged just 13:33 in ice time and sits 8th on his team in points/game. I'll grant you that it's probably not reasonable to expect him to produce the way Kakko(who averaged 20 minutes per game) did last year, because his junior coaches don't appear to consistently give any forwards, even the team leaders, more than 18:30 per game, if that. He's also 10 months younger than Kakko was last year, for what it's worth. Thus far just one of his points has come on the power play. If he were really a first overall-calibre talent, I think he could more consistently work his way onto the power play of a team lacking in top-end talent.

Since the Under-17's, he's been moved to centre(his natural position) and given a new, more skilled winger, so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think a kid like Tyler Procious has a serious chance to make the NTDP and get drafted. Not gonna sit here and say he’ll be a 1st rounder but the kid is a player. High I.Q. And processes the game very quickly. Mix that with a good attitude, work ethic and some natural ability..... the kid has a serious chance.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I definitely like Raty as a player and think he's a likely first rounder at this point, but he hasn't impressed sufficiently to be considered a front runner for 1st overall in his draft. Someone truly in the running for that honour should have been dominant at the recent World Under 17's. You can argue that he was held back by the quality of his line-mates in that tournament, but a true first overall generally has the ability to make his line-mates better, especially at that level of play. Besides, when he found himself on the power-play with guys like Hirvonen and Suni, he didn't look that much better.

Now, you can argue that was a short tournament with unfamiliar line-mates, but his Nuorten SM-Liiga number don't scream "1st Overall" either. He's averaged just 13:33 in ice time and sits 8th on his team in points/game. I'll grant you that it's probably not reasonable to expect him to produce the way Kakko(who averaged 20 minutes per game) did last year, because his junior coaches don't appear to consistently give any forwards, even the team leaders, more than 18:30 per game, if that. He's also 10 months younger than Kakko was last year, for what it's worth. Thus far just one of his points has come on the power play. If he were really a first overall-calibre talent, I think he could more consistently work his way onto the power play of a team lacking in top-end talent.

Since the Under-17's, he's been moved to centre(his natural position) and given a new, more skilled winger, so it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Thanks for the insights!

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
My top 10 so far:

1. Aatu Raty
2. Trevor Wong
3. Owen Power
4. Peter Reynolds
5. Carson Lambos
6. Aidan Hreschuk
7. Luke Hughes
8. Cameron Whynot
9. Colton Dach
10. William Eklund

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Daniil Chayka - Guelph Storm. Is already a top 4 D on a good Storm team. As of right now is certainly a top 5 pick.

Jesper Wallstedt looks like a first round goalie pick. Has already played U17 World Hockey Challenge and the U18 Gretzky Hlinka Cup for Sweden. Likely the best pro prospect for the 2021 draft.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
My top 10 so far:

1. Aatu Raty
2. Trevor Wong
3. Owen Power
4. Peter Reynolds
5. Carson Lambos
6. Aidan Hreschuk
7. Luke Hughes
8. Cameron Whynot
9. Colton Dach
10. William Eklund

Keep an eye on;

Logan Stankoven - C - 5'8 - 170 - Kamloops, WHL
Cole Sillinger - C/LW- 5'11 - 170 - Medicine Hat, WHL
Dylan Guenther - LW/RW - 6'0 - 170 - Edmonton, WHL
Sean Tschigerl - C/LW - 5'11 - 170 - Calgary, WHL

Out of the WHL.

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
Keep an eye on;

Logan Stankoven - C - 5'8 - 170 - Kamloops, WHL
Cole Sillinger - C/LW- 5'11 - 170 - Medicine Hat, WHL
Dylan Guenther - LW/RW - 6'0 - 170 - Edmonton, WHL
Sean Tschigerl - C/LW - 5'11 - 170 - Calgary, WHL

Out of the WHL.
2018 WHL draft picks Zack Stringer and Jake Chiasson also putting up good numbers this season aswell.

Last edited:

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Oleksii Myklukha. He's currently playing in the Czech U19 league and has 35 points in 20 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad