2021 NHL Draft Prospects

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Chaz Lucius had 206 goals and 111 assists in 64 games. Top 2 American for the WHL draft but from MN so he didn't go first round.

Reactions: Hockey POTUS

Jeff V

Nov 8, 2017
There's also numerous examples where we can easy predict a kid will have NHL success. Skill is usually evident. sure some kids grow and their development curve changes and some kids stagnate but it's not impossible to predict NHL success.

If it's so easy to predict, then why do so many first round picks never play in the NHL? Of the top U8 and U10 players my son played with many are out of the sport. Many of the top 2 or 3 U12 players struggled at U14. A friend of a friend's son was considered the top (or one of the top) players heading into his draft year. The player struggled and went undrafted. Meanwhile my friend's son was drafted while not being considered a top prospect heading into that same draft year.

How you perform when you are 16 and 17 are critical regardless of where you are ranked at 15.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If it's so easy to predict, then why do so many first round picks never play in the NHL? Of the top U8 and U10 players my son played with many are out of the sport. Many of the top 2 or 3 U12 players struggled at U14. A friend of a friend's son was considered the top (or one of the top) players heading into his draft year. The player struggled and went undrafted. Meanwhile my friend's son was drafted while not being considered a top prospect heading into that same draft year.

How you perform when you are 16 and 17 are critical regardless of where you are ranked at 15.

Well maybe those kids just suck compared to the larger pool of talent. For every kid your son played with who is out of the sport somewhere else a kid who is 10 times better then them is excelling.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I'm loving this mock draft but was curious were Dylan Gratton might be ranked. I read that he was the top 2003 defenseman. Also were do you see Connor Lockhart going at? I think this list is solid especially 3 years out but needs some more OHL players.
The author said they didn't get to finish it

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
It is still up in the air, but I think the two front runners atm are Aatu Raty and Trevor Wong. That is just my opinion, though. I think some people really like Aidan Hreschuk and Dylan Gratton.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Each major region of Canada looks to be putting out a top-flight d-man for this draft; Carson Lambos in the West, Owen Power in Ontario, and Cameron Whynot in the East.

Top NA forwards at this point for me, other than those mentioned, would be Kyle Crnkovic, Dylan Guenther, Peter Reynolds, and Cole(?) Sillinger.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He is putting up bigger numbers than Nathan McKinnon did at the same age at Shattuck St Mary’s. Have to think he’s front runner for 1OA.

Reynolds slightly outscored MacK in his bantam season 116 to 101 but MacKinnon exploded in his draft -2 season (U16 Bantam) and put up 93 points in 40 games, well over 2.00 PPG. Reynolds is now in the same U16 Midget class and has 9 points in 9 games. MacK's team had Cammarata as well and he was a scoring phenom at that level and no doubt Reynolds is an exciting talent but he's not even the top scoring 2003-born on SSM Midget at the moment (Gilmartin has 11 points, albeit in 13 games per EP).

Scoutsman loves Reynolds though and he knows his prospects so not saying Reynolds isn't a great talent, just that it may be a bit early to make the MacKinnon comp.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Aatu Räty in Finnish ASM(u20) is scoring on pace to match Laine's u16 goal-scoring season. Although there's the late birthday thing.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
My first Finns top10 ranking

1. Aatu Räty
2. Samu Salminen
3. Samu Tuomaala
4. Viljami Juusola
5. Eero Niemi
6. Verner Miettinen
7. Aleksi Malinen
8. Niko Huuhtanen
9. Kalle Ervasti
10. Atte Lehikoinen

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Reynolds slightly outscored MacK in his bantam season 116 to 101 but MacKinnon exploded in his draft -2 season (U16 Bantam) and put up 93 points in 40 games, well over 2.00 PPG. Reynolds is now in the same U16 Midget class and has 9 points in 9 games. MacK's team had Cammarata as well and he was a scoring phenom at that level and no doubt Reynolds is an exciting talent but he's not even the top scoring 2003-born on SSM Midget at the moment (Gilmartin has 11 points, albeit in 13 games per EP).

Scoutsman loves Reynolds though and he knows his prospects so not saying Reynolds isn't a great talent, just that it may be a bit early to make the MacKinnon comp.
Reynolds is very good, I personally do not think he is as good as Mackinnon but he is pretty darn good...though as this year is going on Joshua Roy in Quebec and possibly Cameron MacDonald from Nova Scotia who play for Selects South Kent might have surpassed him.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
My first Finns top10 ranking

1. Aatu Räty
2. Samu Salminen
3. Samu Tuomaala
4. Viljami Juusola
5. Eero Niemi
6. Verner Miettinen
7. Aleksi Malinen
8. Niko Huuhtanen
9. Kalle Ervasti
10. Atte Lehikoinen
I know he's not 2021-eligible, but if he were, where would Brad Lambert fit into that ranking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad