Oct 3, 2013
NHL Mock Draft 2021: From 1 to 224, Corey Pronman projects all seven rounds

Pronman did a 7 round mock. He had the Rangers taking the following

New York Rangers
Chaz Lucius, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (16)
Tristan Broz, LW, Fargo-USHL (65)
Brett Harrison, C, Oshawa-OHL (80)
Red Savage, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (104)
Nick Roukounakis, LW, Thayer Academy-US High School (106)
Zack Ostapchuk, C, Vancouver-WHL (112)
Caden Brown, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (144)
Taylor Gauthier, G, Prince George-WHL (176)
Vladimir Sychov, LW-SKA-MHL (208)
Honestly not a lot of problems with how that shook out. Some nitpicking but I’d be mostly happy based on that board

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
NHL Mock Draft 2021: From 1 to 224, Corey Pronman projects all seven rounds

Pronman did a 7 round mock. He had the Rangers taking the following

New York Rangers
Chaz Lucius, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (16)
Tristan Broz, LW, Fargo-USHL (65)
Brett Harrison, C, Oshawa-OHL (80)
Red Savage, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (104)
Nick Roukounakis, LW, Thayer Academy-US High School (106)
Zack Ostapchuk, C, Vancouver-WHL (112)
Caden Brown, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (144)
Taylor Gauthier, G, Prince George-WHL (176)
Vladimir Sychov, LW-SKA-MHL (208)

I'm not normally a Pronman fan, but there's really not a lot to complain about with that mock.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Reactions: nsvoyageurs

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I like L’Heureux quite a lot but at 15 he’s probably a bit of reach. If we trade down into the early 20’s and pick something else up I’d be very fine with that though. Basically he’s the biggest pain in the ass weigh pretty good talent out there.

I've seen some mock drafts with L'Heureux going in the 2nd round. I doubt the Rangers have an opportunity to select him; I'd be stunned if they took him at #15. In a trade down, I might be tempted, depending on who else in on the board. If he learns to control his emotions on the ice, he could be a heck of a player.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Zachary L'Heureux talks to Mark Masters of TSN and talks mostly of his on-ice discipline issues:

‘Extremely competitive’ prospect L'Heureux aims to emulate Tkachuk, Marchand - TSN.ca
I asked this question awhile back, but does anyone know if Zachary has any connection to the L’Heureux “franchise” that played (plays?) at the Ice House in Hackensack, NJ. These guys were a good team back when I played there ‘08-‘13 or so. A multi-generational team sponsored by a local real estate company. The youngest L’Heureux at the time had played some games in the Q. Been curious if this kid is part of that clan.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I just performed my first mock draft of the year. I would love it if this is how it panned out. I did trade picks to move around in the draft.

Attachments

• 6B5E277F-0CDF-455B-9A13-17C1CD3F1470.png
    6B5E277F-0CDF-455B-9A13-17C1CD3F1470.png
    577.3 KB · Views: 13

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lucius would be fine. He is not going to be there at 15.
They need to move up.
Rangers don’t really have ammo to go up. It also remains to be seen if they keep the pick. Maybe they can go down if one of those 15 guys aren’t there. Those are the best 15 players in the draft though in my opinion. Except maybe Othmann

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Rangers don’t really have ammo to go up. It also remains to be seen if they keep the pick. Maybe they can go down if one of those 15 guys aren’t there. Those are the best 15 players in the draft though in my opinion. Except maybe Othmann

lol wut? I’d agree that the Rangers and the kings are the teams with the MOST ammo to move up if they want.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lol wut? I’d agree that the Rangers and the kings are the teams with the MOST ammo to move up if they want.
I don’t agree. Not in terms of capital this draft. The Rangers don’t have a 2nd, so they might not have enough to go much higher than they are now. Of course the Rangers have assets, but I’m not sacrificing any of it to go up in this draft. What ammo are to sacrificing to go up? And how much higher to you think you can realistically get?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I don’t agree. Not in terms of capital this draft. The Rangers don’t have a 2nd, so they might not have enough to go much higher than they are now. Of course the Rangers have assets, but I’m not sacrificing any of it to go up in this draft. What ammo are to sacrificing to go up? And how much higher to you think you can realistically get?
If someone I really wants should happen to drop, then I’m all for unleashing some of that stored “ammo “

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If someone I really wants should happen to drop, then I’m all for unleashing some of that stored “ammo “
I mean who wants to drop? And how much of a cost is that? Theoretically if like 6 and 15 could get you to #2, going to be hard to move up from 15 and I don’t really think it’s worth it. Especially 10 or after.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I mean who wants to drop? And how much of a cost is that? Theoretically if like 6 and 15 could get you to #2, going to be hard to move up from 15 and I don’t really think it’s worth it. Especially 10 or after.
It depends on a lot of things, starting with the Rangers list. Let's say McTavish was #3 on the Rangers list and all of a sudden he fell past #9. Then I could see a trade up to draft him.

Who wants to drop? Well here's a tip; everyone has their price. And if the guy they want stil is expected to be around a few picks later, why not?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It depends on a lot of things, starting with the Rangers list. Let's say McTavish was #3 on the Rangers list and all of a sudden he fell past #9. Then I could see a trade up to draft him.

Who wants to drop? Well here's a tip; everyone has their price. And if the guy they want stil is expected to be around a few picks later, why not?
That’s kind of the problem though. I think this draft kind of drops off a cliff after 7-9. Those teams might not want to go all the way down to 15. There hasn’t been a lot of recent trade ups that High in the draft either. Not saying it can’t happen I just hard time seeing the right scenario

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Lets gooooooo. Will be great to see where the chips fall a bit more before draft.

Part of me is pulling for Svechkov as the most reasonable to attain even if needing a trade up. I wouldn't hate them moving up for Beniers though.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
This list is interesting!! No goalie in the top 10...

Lucius is in the top 10.

Oh boy... a lot of good names around No. 15!!

Raty fell a lot, but still in the 1st round...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad