Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
With the NCAA season starting in about two weeks (just the BIG 10 to start) and with WJC camp rosters coming out, think it's time to start this thread. Haven't looked too deep into these prospects yet (especially European prospects), but I can say that the USNTDP is starting strong!!

I'll be posting my way too early top 10 sometime next week...

Also... Jesper Wallstedt... That is all...

LGR!!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
In case some didn't know, Michigan is going to have Matt Beniers, Kent Johnson, and Owen Power all playing together and all are supposed to be considered top 10 prospects.

That's going to be fun to watch, especially if Ranger's own Ciccolini can capitalize on being with some highly skilled players.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
In case some didn't know, Michigan is going to have Matt Beniers, Kent Johnson, and Owen Power all playing together and all are supposed to be considered top 10 prospects.

That's going to be fun to watch, especially if Ranger's own Ciccolini can capitalize on being with some highly skilled players.

Michigan is gonna be stacked next year. I really like Beniers, I think he’s a natural center but given the depth of Michigan he most likely will be seeing most of his time on the wing. I think Kent Johnson and Owen Power with Räty will be battling it out for the top spot.

I’m not crazy about the top of this draft in terms of elite talent but I do think the draft has some decent depth in the first round. Looks like a lot of defenseman are higher in Rankings and I think the rangers picking in the teens will end up with their center prospect this board wanted at 19 in this years draft. Or maybe if they land their center via trade they target a winger either way there are some interesting names;

Räty
Johnson
Beniers
McTavish
Dean
Duke
Lucius
Guenther
Sillinger
Bolduc
Lysell
Pastujov
Eklund
Roy
Samoskevich

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Some early mock drafts...

2021 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

1 (14) C/LW: Samu Tuomaala (FIN)(5'10"/165lbs., Shot: Right, Karpat/Liiga)

2021 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

1 (23) D: Daniil Chayka (RUS)(6'2"/187lbs., Shot: Left, Moskva/VHL) *On Loan from Guelph/OHL*
3 (64) D: Logan Mailloux (CAN)(6'3"/214lbs., Shot: Right, London/OHL)
3 (87) LW/RW: Eetu Liukas (FIN)(6'2"/205lbs., Shot: Right, TPS/Liiga)
4 (100) G: Tomas Suchanek (CZR)(6'1"/159lbs., Catches: Left, Frydek-Mistek/Czech 2) *On Loan from Tri-City/WHL*
4 (119) RW: Olivier Nadeau (CAN)(6'2"/205lbs., Shot: Right, Shawinigan/QMJHL)
5 (151) LW/RW: Oskar Olausson (SWE)(6'2"/181lbs., Shot: Left, HV71/SHL)
6 (183) C: Landon McCallum (CAN)(5'10"/161lbs., Shot: Right, Sudbury/OHL)

2021 Consensus Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

1 (23) D: Isaac Belliveau (CAN)(6'2"/185lbs., Shot: Left, Rimouski/QMJHL)
3 (64) D: Marc Lajoie (CAN)(6'4"/233lbs., Shot: Left, Tri-City/WHL)
3 (87) D: Jacob Holmes (CAN)(6'1"/185lbs, Shot: Left, Sault Ste. Marie/OHL)
4 (100) D: Olen Zellweger (CAN)(5'9"/165lbs., Shot: Left, Everett/WHL)
4 (119) C: Joshua Barnes (CAN)(5'8"/176lb., Shot: Left, Brockville/CCHL) *21/22 Penn State Commit*
5 (151) LW: Niko Huuhtanen (FIN)(6'1"/185lbs., Shot: Right, Tappara U20/Jr. A Liiga)
6 (183) LW: Andrej Migila (SVK)(5'9"/159lbs., Shot: Left, Povaska Bystrica U20/Slovakia U20)

I'm not going to comment on the players because I haven't seen most of them yet, but I do like that draftsite has a consensus feature now on their website. So now you could look at their main mock and other mocks combined to make that said consensus.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Cole Sillinger is one of my early favorite draft eligible prospects in 2021. Really enjoyed watching him last year --- though right now he looks like he might stick as a winger.

Zachary Bolduc without Lafreniere will be interesting to watch. The Rangers will have seen a lot of him based on their going back through notes and footage for Lafreniere.

L'Heureux is arguably one of the most complete prospects in this class. He's another one of those kids they're going to keep listing at center, even though he's on the wing now. Everything about him screams NHL player.

Beniers is another kid who plays a damn complete game that makes him look like an NHL player. His position could rise or fall depending on how the offense comes along, and whether he shifts back to center.

Guenther and Johnson are going to be the two North American forwards with the highest offensive ceilings who are going to battle to see who comes off the board first. Both possess incredible hockey IQ and offensive vision, seemingly seeing the plays around them in slow motion allowing them to generate dangerous opportunities where it didn't look like any existed.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Cole Sillinger is one of my early favorite draft eligible prospects in 2021. Really enjoyed watching him last year --- though right now he looks like he might stick as a winger.

Zachary Bolduc without Lafreniere will be interesting to watch. The Rangers will have seen a lot of him based on their going back through notes and footage for Lafreniere.

L'Heureux is arguably one of the most complete prospects in this class. He's another one of those kids they're going to keep listing at center, even though he's on the wing now. Everything about him screams NHL player.

Beniers is another kid who plays a damn complete game that makes him look like an NHL player. His position could rise or fall depending on how the offense comes along, and whether he shifts back to center.

Guenther and Johnson are going to be the two North American forwards with the highest offensive ceilings who are going to battle to see who comes off the board first. Both possess incredible hockey IQ and offensive vision, seemingly seeing the plays around them in slow motion allowing them to generate dangerous opportunities where it didn't look like any existed.

L'Heureux and Guenther are two that I think are early candidates to jump into the top 5 range. Good call!!

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

the fact that cole is mike sillinger's son makes me feel old

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Oh boy you gon’ get it

One of the best goalie prospects in a while. He was starting in J20 since he was 15, absolutely dominated, and now is splitting time with an established keeper in Rautio in the SHL with Lulea (and is looking likely to steal the starting position early).

I know most fans absolutely would complain about taking a goalie so early (and NYR might not grab him if available), but they'll have plenty of viewings of him when seeing Lundkvist. He's way better of a prospect than Askarov.

Reactions: egelband

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
One of the best goalie prospects in a while. He was starting in J20 since he was 15, absolutely dominated, and now is splitting time with an established keeper in Rautio in the SHL with Lulea (and is looking likely to steal the starting position early).

I know most fans absolutely would complain about taking a goalie so early (and NYR might not grab him if available), but they'll have plenty of viewings of him when seeing Lundkvist. He's way better of a prospect than Askarov.
If Askarov went 11 in a stacked draft like 2020 I would imagine a guy who’s better than him would go higher.

And hopefully we aren’t in a position to get him or any of the other top prospects in this draft

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If we were to win another lottery would you want Raty or Power?

Honestly, Raty has started quite badly. I think he's got to pick up the offensive pace and play in order to really go No. 1.

This is definitely a year where there can be multiple options at the No. 1 spot. With most seasons being shortened, this will also be the most unpredictable draft in NHL history.

Reactions: brians1128

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
If Askarov went 11 in a stacked draft like 2020 I would imagine a guy who’s better than him would go higher.

And hopefully we aren’t in a position to get him or any of the other top prospects in this draft

Lolol, I mean they have to get somebody in the 1st round to continue great prospect depth, right? In a draft year where it is widely regarded to be weak, why not grab the best goalie prospect that is already being highly regarded around Vasilevskiy?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Honestly, Raty has started quite badly. I think he's got to pick up the offensive pace and play in order to really go No. 1.

This is definitely a year where there can be multiple options at the No. 1 spot. With most seasons being shortened, this will also be the most unpredictable draft in NHL history.

i think he should continue to struggle just enough to drop into the range that we can pick him lol #KakkoNeedsAFriend

Reactions: Joey Bones

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016

I’m going with Johnson for the number 1 spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad