Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
They’ve slotted 90 minutes from 8:00 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. Eastern Time (5:00 - 6:30 P.M. Pacific) Channel 301 ESPN 2 on Spectrum NYC.
I would imagine ESPN will have all the graphics work and bio commentary for the show fleshed out in that window leading up to the kickoff.
Who knows this could be pre-taped?

Expansion Draft TV event may not be ESPN content at all, just Sportsnet (Canada)

That's is what I am told is what ESPN will present for Entry Draft

NBC backed away from those. once they lost the NHL contract, NBC has the Olympics Opening, right near then too

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Would you trade 2 or even 3 of our picks that we basically have in the 3rd round (one in early 4th) for a high second rounder (like 35ish)? Or do you feel a draft like this it's valuable to have multiple picks in the 3rd and 4th round?
Didn't realize we have 3 4th rounders and all in the first half of the 4th round. Nice!

Depending on who is still available yes I would!

Reactions: bl02

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Would you trade 2 or even 3 of our picks that we basically have in the 3rd round (one in early 4th) for a high second rounder (like 35ish)? Or do you feel a draft like this it's valuable to have multiple picks in the 3rd and 4th round?
Didn't realize we have 3 4th rounders and all in the first half of the 4th round. Nice!

Trade into the 2nd for Boucher or Helenius.

Trade up to get Buium too.

Reactions: bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Little disappointed that the draft is virtual again this year. I enjoy all the footage from the floor. Guess it’s understandable since it would be difficult to get all the top 60 or so players at the draft though from different countries.

Reactions: bernmeister

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Little disappointed that the draft is virtual again this year. I enjoy all the footage from the floor. Guess it’s understandable since it would be difficult to get all the top 60 or so players at the draft though from different countries.

There are roughly 350 prospects + family and friends at the draft each year, but other than that, your point stands.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There are roughly 350 prospects + family and friends at the draft each year, but other than that, your point stands.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
Really? Didn't know that. Always thought they just invited the top 60-75 or so for the 1st round when they are drafted.

Edit - Actually I'm probably just thinking of day 1 of the Draft.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Really? Didn't know that. Always thought they just invited the top 60-75 or so for the 1st round when they are drafted.

Edit - Actually I'm probably just thinking of day 1 of the Draft.

Most of these prospects are there for Day 1 and Day 2. Even guys who go undrafted sometimes. I remember talking to Steven Fogarty about his decision to go in 2011 and Zac Jones about his in 2019 and they told me stories about teammates who attended the draft, didn't get picked and still were happy to have gone because they spoke to some teams and later signed as undrafted free agents with the teams they interacted with.

I've attended the drafts in 2018 and 2019 and a large portion of the lower bowl is basically reserved for prospects and their families. I was shocked by the amount of prospects attending the first time.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Corey Pronman has the Rangers taking Lucius. Pronman has Svechkov going to Calgary at #13 and Sillinger going to Philadelphia at #14. Pronman doesn't believe the Rangers would pass up either Svechkov or Sillinger if they are available at #15. Lucius isn't a lock to be play center in the NHL.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Corey Pronman has the Rangers taking Lucius. Pronman has Svechkov going to Calgary at #13 and Sillinger going to Philadelphia at #14. Pronman doesn't believe the Rangers would pass up either Svechkov or Sillinger if they are available at #15. Lucius isn't a lock to be play center in the NHL.

so we can get Lucius this year and his brother also a forward next year, both right handed shots up front

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I don’t think Sillinger’s a lock to stay a center either.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

@Leetch3 pointed this out to me earlier, but the article lists the Rangers as 1 of at least 4 teams that refused to interview him and said they won't pick him under any circumstances.

I for one was never a fan, but c'est la vie...

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Well, aside from Owen Power, we know one player who won't be a Ranger:

E6b3NWSXMAQ50T5

That's too bad, he's one of the bigger swings a team can take outside the first round. Reputation for making lots of boneheaded defensive plays, but he's big, aggressive, and athletic; and may have the hardest slapshot in the draft.

I've seen his hockey smarts dragged through the mud enough to believe it, but if a kid with that package of skills can learn to play a simple, more responsible game, he could turn into a top4 mainstay for a decade.

edit - and just seen @Joey Bones 's post. Never mind then, makes perfect sense!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
NHL Mock Draft 2021: From 1 to 224, Corey Pronman projects all seven rounds

Pronman did a 7 round mock. He had the Rangers taking the following

New York Rangers
Chaz Lucius, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (16)
Tristan Broz, LW, Fargo-USHL (65)
Brett Harrison, C, Oshawa-OHL (80)
Red Savage, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (104)
Nick Roukounakis, LW, Thayer Academy-US High School (106)
Zack Ostapchuk, C, Vancouver-WHL (112)
Caden Brown, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL (144)
Taylor Gauthier, G, Prince George-WHL (176)
Vladimir Sychov, LW-SKA-MHL (208)

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

I would see what the cost is to move up for Svechkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille