Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I would not be jazzed about us taking Raty at 15 and really I like Helenius more but if Raty is around in the 3rd round I’d jump all over that.

Buch and Anthony Duclair dropped like rocks in the same draft year. The Rangers took both of them in the 3rd round. I think we also took Graves that year and we killed that draft in a year in which we had no 1st or 2nd rounder.

Don't forget about Skapski, too. If it weren't for his serious hip injuries, I'm sure he'd be in the NHL today in some capacity.

Reactions: bernmeister

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
At this point, based on need and BPA, how is Svechkov not the pick? I honestly rather make that pick than trade it... use our existing redundant assets to make a deal...

I'm in the mindset that we should never trade our First Rounders. Make the pick every single draft. We won't hit on all them but having a 'replacement ELC' ready to go when Cap Crunches come, is imperative to remaining contenders. Gorton and co have a great batting average over the past few years... hopefully that continues with Drury.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
At this point, based on need and BPA, how is Svechkov not the pick? I honestly rather make that pick than trade it... use our existing redundant assets to make a deal...

I'm in the mindset that we should never trade our First Rounders. Make the pick every single draft. We won't hit on all them but having a 'replacement ELC' ready to go when Cap Crunches come, is imperative to remaining contenders. Gorton and co have a great batting average over the past few years... hopefully that continues with Drury.

He could very well go before 15, no?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He could very well go before 15, no?
Consensus, if that means anything, is mid to late 1st.

Considering defense is his 'strength' and he's not a stand out offensive weapon, I'd see it hard for him to be drafted in the first 14 picks. You're right though he could very well be taken early.. This draft is going to be random and wild.

Chicago, Philly and Dallas can be the spoilers.

Last edited:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Consensus, if that means anything, is mid to late 1st.

Considering defense is his 'strength' and he's not a stand out offensive weapon, I'd see it hard for him to be drafted in the first 13 picks. You're right though he could very well be taken early.. This draft is going to be random and wild.

Chicago, Philly and Dallas can be the spoilers.
Not that it means a hell of a lot but a lot of the mocks I've been reading lately have him being taken before us.

Reactions: UnSandvich

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
It would be interesting to see where Pinelli ends up. With a little of work he could be an intriguing player in two/three years.
This draft is really tough to judge due to the lack of playing time.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

If he makes it to #15, he probably will be. No guarantees in the draft.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don’t get cute. If he’s the guy, just take him. It’s not worth risking for a small asset.

He’s a reach at 15. I like the player and wouldn’t have any qualms taking him in the early 20’s though. Detroit would be a potential trading partner here. They have the 22 and 37. If someone were to take L’Heureux then a player like Pinelli would be available but it’s a worthwhile risk to do it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad