NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If you read closely to reporting this past week, it seemed like Wolford was who he was going with if he could.
I wonder if he still would have if Goff had been completely healthy. Either way, the worst case scenario for Goff next season is it’s like Trubiskey’s season in Chicago we just saw.

/just realized I don’t know how to spell Mitch’s name.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if he still would have if Goff had been completely healthy. Either way, the worst case scenario for Goff next season is it’s like Trubiskey’s season in Chicago we just saw.

/just realized I don’t know how to spell Mitch’s name.

one thing to remember about Goff: McVay didn’t bring him in. He did bring Wolford in.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
one thing to remember about Goff: McVay didn’t bring him in. He did bring Wolford in.
But he was hired to fix him like Nagy was with Trubisky. Or at least make it work with him.

with Goff and Wentz you now see the downside of committing to a QB after year 3.

Right now Allen and Jackson are the front runners for an extension while I believe mayfield and Darnold get their 5th year options to play out.

Jackson’s passing game leaves a bit more to be desired. So if I’m Baltimore I play out year 4. Buffalo, Allen can throw the ball but even with him I would consider playing it out. Risk and reward on both sides. Price only goes up but the price or being wrong does too.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

please god yes give this to me for talk radio

giphy.gif

Reactions: DoyleG and GKJ

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
No posts about Football Team hiring Marty Hurney? He's a good first round talent evaluator, but good luck to them dealing with the cap now. Hurney should be a director of player personnel guy at most, not sure how this loser keeps falling up into GM jobs. The rest of the NFC East should be rejoicing that one of their rivals isn't serious about winning but I guess it's par for the course with Snyder.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I love what the Bills are building , people don't want to leave.
Not that the Bills aren't in a good situation because right now they are, but I think this is just as much to do with the other two organizations with vacancies. They both aren't being well run right now to put it gently :laugh:. I think had he been offered the chargers job like it had been reported he much more likely could have left.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not that the Bills aren't in a good situation because right now they are, but I think this is just as much to do with the other two organizations with vacancies. They both aren't being well run right now to put it gently :laugh:. I think had he been offered the chargers job like it had been reported he much more likely could have left.
Highly sought after coordinators have to weigh the opportunities against the risk of a decline. Buffalo has a great young QB so the OC should be in a good situation again next season.

The risk of passing up opportunities is that your unit may decline (have to factor in age and contracts of your side of the ball). Saleh and the Niners got hit hard by injuries. But he still managed to get them to play well. If there is a drop in their play, you end up like Kris Richard the former DC of Seattle who got HC interviews a few years ago but nothing materialized but then his unit got hurt, aged and had contract issues. Didn’t hold down an nfl job last season. See if he returns in 2021.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This guy must have dirt on every NFL owner. There is no good reason to hire him :facepalm:

No posts about Football Team hiring Marty Hurney? He's a good first round talent evaluator, but good luck to them dealing with the cap now. Hurney should be a director of player personnel guy at most, not sure how this loser keeps falling up into GM jobs. The rest of the NFC East should be rejoicing that one of their rivals isn't serious about winning but I guess it's par for the course with Snyder.

Hurney is a super average GM. He and Gase are guys who somehow keep getting top jobs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rivera is still going to be the guy. Much like Andy Reid was with the Eagles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bengals were due for a rebrand and the time is nigh.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
patricia rejoining the pats coaching staff is like when you move out of your parents house in college, go broke, and then move back in after 3 months

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad