OT: 2021 NFL and NCAAF offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Green Bay has a Pro Bowl LT, Pro Bowl WR, and a top 5 RB

I'm not sure I buy the "Rodgers has no help" argument to be honest...
They should have gotten him another relatively reliable receiver but you are right it's kind of bull shit especially considering he carries himself as the GOAT. Not to mention they have constructed a good all around team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rodgers probably has an ego big enough to think he made the pro bowl WR and RB what they've become.

But either way, it's just a bad look when you don't deem a skill position player worthy enough of drafting with a 1st rounder until you draft another QB, it's not like they've been piling up defensive studs with those picks either. They've also had a bunch of junk around Adams for a few years in their WR core.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
How fast does the first round go? I want to watch the Devils game (I know, I know, but I want to see Bahl's debut) and I'm 100% sure the Jets are taking Wilson. Figure the Jets could trade up their other first to the mid round, when would those picks happen? Around 9:30?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
How fast does the first round go? I want to watch the Devils game (I know, I know, but I want to see Bahl's debut) and I'm 100% sure the Jets are taking Wilson. Figure the Jets could trade up their other first to the mid round, when would those picks happen? Around 9:30?

the Jets pick at 23 isn't going to happen til probably 10:30 lol

the NFL milks this thing for all its worth

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Can't you have your phone giving you draft updates while you watch the Dev's?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Rodgers probably has an ego big enough to think he made the pro bowl WR and RB what they've become.

But either way, it's just a bad look when you don't deem a skill position player worthy enough of drafting with a 1st rounder until you draft another QB, it's not like they've been piling up defensive studs with those picks either. They've also had a bunch of junk around Adams for a few years in their WR core.
He certainly helps the WR. The RB to an extent as well.

But he is a big ego guy though, no doubt.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If the Jets don't trade up (or trade back) you're probably fine, if they trade up you might be SOOL.

FWIW on the YT of ESPN's first round last year the 23rd pick happens at around 2.5 hours so 10:30 is a good over/under.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
what are the good Twitter accounts to follow for Jets takes?

Cimini's negative as shit (justifiably to a large degree lol) but also the longest-tenured writer afaik, sort of like the Rich Chere of the Jets :P Connor Hughes is the Athletic writer I think.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Rodgers is a phenomenal QB. I am not a GB fan but give him full marks for talent, effort, and all the intangibles. He's the only QB I ever saw have a more accurate game than Drew Brees. He's fearless and tough and all those good things. He definitely strikes me as reserved and not that social when I see his public interactions that make it to me from time to time. GB won't just let him go but I'm not sure any team offers up what GB would want to move him. GB can probably hold him against his will for another year but if this story derails their season they will more or less have to move him. I'm sure he can be prickly and hard to deal with but this smells a bit like a power struggle with the GM to me. Those almost never end well for the GM when it's a guy as good as Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad