NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

GB vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Rodgers....37. 1 SB a decade ago. 3 NFC title game losses. Two of those losses were blowouts. The other was a choke job. Had 50 TD's. League MVP. First ballot hall of famer. To me this is his last good shot at a SB. You can't go one and done. Not against a warm weather team coming in. Not when your at home. A loss will hurt his legacy.

And yes I acknowledge how great his offense was. But facing the Rams D, with pressure on him, could result in a not so great performance.
This pressure has been there all year especially with his departure from Green Bay looming far sooner than he was hoping for due to Love breathing down his neck. I believe he's never been under more pressure to perform than this year, yet he still came out and won MVP.

Whether it be AJ Hawk on McAfee or Greg Jennings on FS1 among others, his former teammates talk a lot about how his brain is wired differently when it comes to outside pressure. Similarly to Brady, he excels when people expect him not to.

LaFleur and McVay came up together in Washington and obviously were together in L.A, the offence they ran together that LaFleur brought to Green Bay is perfect to match up against the Rams D, the ball is leaving Rodgers' hand far quicker than years prior. LaFleur can scheme open receivers on intermediate throws even against elite defences.

Another important thing that hasn't been talked about is Aaron Donald's bruised ribs, you have to assume his pressure numbers will be lower and you also have to wonder how well he holds up if Jamaal Williams plows into him multiple times a drive.

All this coupled with the fact that the Packers have proven time and again that they're far more prepared for cold weather games than other teams, I just don't see the odds of a Rams victory being that high. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but folks do not bet against the Packers.

I'm going to assume by the tone of your posts and pfp that you're a Chiefs fan, see you in the superbowl buddy.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Life long GB Packers fan...

go PACKS!!!!

Frozen-Tundra-Man-Face-Shot--768x577.jpeg

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I don't see the Rams winning this: missing top WR, banged up QB. Their defense is top notch and will keep them in the game, but this is GBs game to lose.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
If Packers lose I am hoping the GM. defensive coach, special teams coach are all fired and run out of town.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Things sounded during the week that if Wolford was good he was gonna be the guy

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The Rams really can't afford GB getting a cushion early in the game need to keep it close for their offense.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Packers uniforms are horrible. Green and yellow is a putrid combo.

There, I said it.

I think you got that backward.

Rams are wearing Chargers uniforms with Rams helmets this season?

Even the Green Line bus in Milwaukee was flashing Go Pack Go!

Packers by 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't think the Rams are bad on offense as people seem to think they are average not terrible better than the Bears coming in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad