NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

GB vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would honestly feel good about the Rams if not for the fact it's expected to be below freezing with the wind chill. The Rams have almost never played in those type of conditions.

Packers by 10.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would honestly feel good about the Rams if not for the fact it's expected to be below freezing with the wind chill. The Rams have almost never played in those type of conditions.

Packers by 10.
Defence will be ok with the cold. Rams to win need to run the ball. Packers should stack the box and out the game into Goff’s bad thumb on a cold day.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Packers by 10.

That is every day in Green Bay from December 1 to February 28th. The forecast for Saturday is a high of 25 F and a low of 18 F. That is normal around here. We do get the 35 or 40 F days, but 2 days later it will be back below 30 F again. The warmth never lasts in Wisconsin in the winter.

Current Green Bay temperature is 22 F (- 5.5 C).

Milwaukee has some snow on the ground, but we are behind about 8 or 9 inches, so we are at half of our expected snowfall total for this date so far.

Green Bay, Wisconsin - Wikipedia

I will agree with your Packers by 10.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This game is the ultimate example of what should and should not be a football uniform

A iconic looking jersey vs the worst uniforms since the Islander fishsticks

Reactions: Hoverhand

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Rams already had their Superbowl I think.
Their defense might keep it interesting but I could see GB by 10 or more.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I doubt players actually practice in the cold. But it does help that it’s not a shock to the system vs a warm weather team coming in.

Yeah, I'm not sure the total impact it will be.. just throwing the information out there.

I think the likeliest big advantage would be if it is Goff, as the colder football is likely harder for him to grip and throw accurately.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The Rams only logical path to victory is always going to be run the ball and let their defense win the game for them. I'm not sure the weather is going to be a factor.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I'm taking the Rams here. This has upset written all over it.

Green Bay isn't some formidable juggernaut.
Lol yeah the #1 scoring offence in the NFL with the #1 redzone offence as well.

Total pushovers if you ask me.

I doubt players actually practice in the cold. But it does help that it’s not a shock to the system vs a warm weather team coming in.
Packers players do frequently practice in the cold.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Green Bay only plays for three quarters. The Rams will suffocate them so bad, Rodgers will be in a body bag by the end of the game.
"Wow Rams have gotten after Rodgers all day, that defence is really impressive. Rodgers has had to make quick throws to get out of trouble many times"

"That's right Jim, we now go to commercial break, after 3 quarters the score is 31-17 Packers."

Reactions: NHL WAR

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Rams are a defense without an offense. But the 2000 Ravens/2015 Broncos are historical outliers.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Lol yeah the #1 scoring offence in the NFL with the #1 redzone offence as well.

Total pushovers if you ask me.

Packers players do frequently practice in the cold.

Rodgers is the QB under the most pressure this weekend. I don't think it's close.

Brees: Everyone has seen the decline. It's obvious. So it's not as if it would be an upset if they lost. Though I am picking NO because I think they have the better team and coach. Regardless, it's apparent the end is near. So the expectations of him aren't what they once were.

Mayfield: Playing with house money. Already beat Pittsburgh in the postseason. Young. Season a success for Browns fans everywhere.

Brady: He will take a bit of heat going 0-3 against Brees. But he's got the weaker roster and coaching staff. His legacy is secured. Losing this Sunday would be a footnote.

Goff: Is he even playing? House money. Young. McVay is the true MVP of that offense anyways. Honestly Goff may be a backup right now without McVay.

Allen: 2nd postseason start. Already won division over the evil empire. Young. Just like the Browns, finally winning a playoff game is a success. Bills season a success.

Jackson: Ok he's got some pressure here. A terrible game compared to a great game could affect his contract. But he's young. Won a playoff game. Monkey off his back. If Rodgers wasn't playing this weekend, Jackson would be tops on my list.

Mahomes: Loss would be stunning. But even if he goes out and stinks up the joint (Highly unlikely), he's won an MVP. Been a SB MVP. Top 5 QB for three straight years. His team will be SB favorites for at least the next decade. Every elite QB has had a bad playoff showing. I don't think it will be a huge deal if he has one. But again...very unlikely.

Rodgers....37. 1 SB a decade ago. 3 NFC title game losses. Two of those losses were blowouts. The other was a choke job. Had 50 TD's. League MVP. First ballot hall of famer. To me this is his last good shot at a SB. You can't go one and done. Not against a warm weather team coming in. Not when your at home. A loss will hurt his legacy.

And yes I acknowledge how great his offense was. But facing the Rams D, with pressure on him, could result in a not so great performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad