NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

GB vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the game is over, whether the Packers score or not.

14 points difference and not much time left on the clock.

Does this have to something to do with Las Vegas?

Because this game is essentially over at the moment.

The Packers average 31 points a game.

neither, 39-18 would’ve been Scoregami

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Green Bay is the only small market team in pro sports. There are no more Canton Bulldogs, no more Sheboygan Redskins. The Pistons left Ft Wayne. The Royals left Rochester and Cincinnati and Kansas City / Omaha.
Exactly. We have grown past the need of Green Bay packers.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Should Green Bay even be considered a small market? They're probably the most famous/popular football team after the Cowboys, no?

In terms of market size? Absolutely. Green Bay is a tiny ass city that makes even the smaller market cities in pro sports like Winnipeg look like a megacity in comparison.

In terms of legacy/prestige? Absolutely not. They are integral to not just the history of the NFL but to American football as a whole.

Reactions: KapG

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
The lack of mobility, you can work with if you've got a good OL or you've got a smart QB. The Rams have an average OL and Goff tends to do dumb shit at times.

3 Wins for the Rams this season where they score 20 or fewer points on offence.

Then you look at losses to the Niners, Jets, and Dolphins.

Team can easily be 13-3 when you have a better upon at QB.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
In terms of market size? Absolutely. Green Bay is a tiny ass city that makes even the smaller market cities in pro sports like Winnipeg look like a megacity in comparison.

In terms of legacy/prestige? Absolutely not. They are integral to not just the history of the NFL but to American football as a whole.

Considering their history, I'd assume they have an enormous appeal outside of Green Bay and in the Midwest + Canada/Europe. The Patriots have become big in Quebec in the 21st Century (winning team + proximity I'd guess) but GB seems second, especially among the older folks who watched football before Brady and Belichick.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Considering their history, I'd assume they have an enormous appeal outside of Green Bay and in the Midwest + Canada/Europe. The Patriots have become big in Quebec in the 21st Century (winning team + proximity I'd guess) but GB seems second, especially among the older folks who watched football before Brady and Belichick.

It depends on where in Canada. West coast has skewed Seahawks with their rise to prominence in the last 8 or so years, central tends to fluctuate between a hodgepodge of teams (Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Pats, etc. Vikings definitely seems to be most prominent) and then the east coast is similar.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
It depends on where in Canada. West coast has skewed Seahawks with their rise to prominence in the last 8 or so years, central tends to fluctuate between a hodgepodge of teams (Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Pats, etc. Vikings definitely seems to be most prominent) and then the east coast is similar.
Buddy you don’t even know the half of it :laugh:

The Seattle Seahawks basically did not exist until the year 2014 here.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
It's absolutely ludicrous to act like just because Rodgers won with McCarthy means that LaFleur doesn't deserve credit.

Rodgers is one of the most talented QBs in NFL history but after he busted his collarbone he was no longer able to carry McCarthy's archaic system to success. McCarthy was washed and Rodgers' game was a mess, LaFleur's scheme has highlighted all of Rodgers' strengths and turned him back into an MVP candidate. They need eachother, they got eachother, and now we're probably going to the superbowl.

Completely revamped our run game and schemes far more open receivers than McCarthy did, he's a top 5 coach in football.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Buddy you don’t even know the half of it :laugh:

The Seattle Seahawks basically did not exist until the year 2014 here.

Huh?

I was raised in Winnipeg and I knew about the Seahawks of the 90’s, their success in the 2000’s before the 2010’s came along.

I moved to the west coast in 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad