NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

GB vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
In an ideal world, we get a Packers/Chiefs super bowl.

It will absolutely be an affront to the very concept of defense but god damn would it be fun to watch (assuming the KC of September shows up)

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Well I was dead wrong on this game. I mean 32 points against this Rams defense? Nobody could've predicted that.

Hard to believe this will be Rodgers first home game in the championship game.

They'll be favorites against whoever they play. The Saints are probably a tougher opponent thanTB though.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
A can of beans is an upgrade over the fat boy.

Disqualify the Packers and send the Rams to NFC title game please. its better for business.

The Packers are overdue to host the NFC title game. The last one was in 2007 when Favre suddenly couldn't play in the cold and the Packers lost 23-20 to the Giants.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
In an ideal world, we get a Packers/Chiefs super bowl.

Bills/Packers or KC vs the Bucs/Saints wouldn't exactly be a horrible downgrade in comparison.

With the NFC guaranteed Rodgers/Brady/Brees in the SB, that's a no-lose situation on one side of the bracket.

Reactions: DueDiligence

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
No one cares about Packers. Its bad for ratings. Send an LA team to NFC title game.

Two of the Packers Super Bowls are still in the top 10 or 20 of any TV broadcasts ever!

Edit: The Packers have fans in Australia. I have met Packers fans in western NY when I went to their 1995 game in Buffalo. They are supposed to have the third largest fan base of the 32 NFL teams.

Rodgers could have signed with other teams, but he was drafted 24th and he wants to punish the other 23 teams. That has been his motivation since the draft.

Last edited:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
To beat the Packers at Lambeau in the playoffs, you have to be great at something.

2002 ATL- Vick was a magician on the ground

2004 MIN- Culpepper had a sensational season

2011 NYG- Eli had a remarkable passing season, 4th quarter heroics, a knack for 2nd half magic, and is the single-season record holder for passing yards by a QB in a SB season

2013 SF- Stacked defense, peak Kaepernick, Frank Gore was a beast

The Rams defense was not as good as those 49ers and the passing game was not as good as prior such QB's that won here
You forgot

2007 NYG - Corey Webster was really good at catching a horrid Brett Farve pass in OT, and Lawrence Tynes was good at kicking the ball through the uprights.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You are giving that soulless clone LaFleur credit for that?
Of course. Just because he boned your mom is no reason to deny him credit for this system working.

And who cares about market size. This is the NFL. There is no such thing as a small market. He also clearly loves it there. He could have left as a free agent but chose to stay. Small market Rodgers gets more national commercial deals than most NFL players.

Reactions: adsfan

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
No one wanted to see the patriots win.
Fixed. If we had to watch it, we preferred they lose but really we didn't want to watch it at all. We didn't here at the house, none of my fairly close friends watched it, a decent number of other people I know didn't either.

Rams fans didn't care enough. That game was a de-facto Pats home game and the ratings locally...............
But ... I've been told Los Angeles cares more about the Rams than St. Louis did and will support the Rams better whether they win or lose.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You forgot

2007 NYG - Corey Webster was really good at catching a horrid Brett Farve pass in OT, and Lawrence Tynes was good at kicking the ball through the uprights.

That pick is only a drop in the bucket in the filing cabinet of "holy **** what are you doing?" Brett Favre moments.

The only guy who could come out and look like an MVP by season's end...and then throw 6 interceptions against a team in the playoffs.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Of course. Just because he boned your mom is no reason to deny him credit for this system working.

And who cares about market size. This is the NFL. There is no such thing as a small market. He also clearly loves it there. He could have left as a free agent but chose to stay. Small market Rodgers gets more national commercial deals than most NFL players.
Fat McCarthy won a Superbowl with Rodgers, too.

LaFleur deserves nothing.

its 2021. We are past needing Green Bay packers to exist.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
That pick is only a drop in the bucket in the filing cabinet of "holy **** what are you doing?" Brett Favre moments.

The only guy who could come out and look like an MVP by season's end...and then throw 6 interceptions against a team in the playoffs.
Oh I agree, I just saw a chance to mention Farve's enduring last image as a Packer and didn't want to pass it up.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You forgot

In regards to 07 NYG, don't forget they were good up front (stopped the run game, forced them to rely on Favre) and Eli/Plaxico clicked that night (The latter had a field day with Al Harris)

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Fat McCarthy won a Superbowl with Rodgers, too.

LaFleur deserves nothing.

its 2021. We are past needing Green Bay packers to exist.

McCarthy should have won two SBs, but he didn't care to prepare the team properly against Denver after getting feelers for the Seattle job.

Green Bay is the only small market team in pro sports. There are no more Canton Bulldogs, no more Sheboygan Redskins. The Pistons left Ft Wayne. The Royals left Rochester and Cincinnati and Kansas City / Omaha.

When the Yankees play the Dodgers in the World Series, I don't watch it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad