NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Championship Game: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

GB vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pleas stop posting IDIOCY. LeBron has won mutiple championships with mediocre teammates . Jordan usually had an all star team. Rodgers has played his whole career under completely incompetent GM's and coaches.

LeBron never won a Championship with mediocre teammates, where do you get that from? Wade, Bosh and Anthony Davis are mediocre?

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
TB would still get the ball tied with 2 minutes to go if GB got the TD and the conversion. They moved the ball well on GB. Tom with a couple of ooor throws though in prior drives.

could very well have lost with a last second FG by TB. But at least you gave it everything you had on O.

again that first half TD with 8 seconds at the 39 is inexcusable. That is NYJ bad vs LV. Or LV bad bad Miami up 2 with 25 seconds left.
But Tampa Bay would have to score or be content to milk the clock to go in to OT. Tom was throwing picks with risky throws.

GB should've gone for the tie.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A lot of guys are good coordinators and lousy head coaches - Norv Turner, Bill Arnsparger, Joe Bugel...I don't think Bowles was a great head coach either but he should get another opportunity, if only because Gase got a second job right off of being fired :P

Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
But Tampa Bay would have to score or be content to milk the clock to go in to OT. Tom was throwing picks with risky throws.

GB should've gone for the tie.
I agree on that. But let’s also not assume that they win the game if the get the TD there.

Plus Rodgers could have run for a few yards on 3rd down to get them to the 2 or 1. Makes going for it an easier decision. But he opted for a cross body pass.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He'll say that they had 3 timeouts and the two minute warning but it's no excuse for taking the game out of the hands of your best player.

It's also a fact that in an absolute best case scenario they would have only tied the game while giving Brady almost a gimme two minute drive to win it with all three of his timeouts and a kicker who'd just nailed a 47-yarder. You have a better chance stopping Brady when they run the ball two out of three plays than when they're in two-minute mode.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Making Super Bowls is hard unless you’re Brady.

Marino, Rodgers, Brees- only once. Heck, even Steve Young only made it 1 time in the 90s. Brett Favre only twice.

basically only a handful of guys way back when got there over and over (Aikman, Staubach, Montana, Elway). And that’s not counting guys who repeatedly fell short (Tarkenton, Jim Kelly)

and then Brady basically changed the outlook on SB frequency

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It's also the fact that in a best case scenario they only tie the game while giving Brady almost a gimme two minute drive to win it with all three of his timeouts and a kicker who'd just nailed a 47-yarder.

plus, are we even SURE they tie the game even with a TD? They could have missed the 2PC and onside kicks are impossible nowadays

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
A lot of guys are good coordinators and lousy head coaches - Norv Turner, Bill Arnsparger, Joe Bugel...I don't think Bowles was a great head coach either but he should get another opportunity, if only because Gase got a second job right off of being fired :P

I personally wouldn't hire Todd Bowles as an HC again as I find his general demeanor to be a little flat, but what I find he is lacking in being a good HC does not take away from his excellence as a defensive coordinator. He deserves to be a highly paid dude based on his results at that position.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
rodgers could've ran it in for the TD but another incompetent coaching job by GB. lafleur picked up right where mccarthy left off

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
plus, are we even SURE they tie the game even with a TD? They could have missed the 2PC and onside kicks are impossible nowadays
Of course there's no guarantee, but they at least had a chance. Kicking the field goal meant they still needed a TD but would have to drive 60-70 yards at best without timeouts.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Given the track record of warm weather teams faltering in January cold, I was shocked Tampa won.

I thought this was gonna be like Vick’s Falcons at Philly in 04 or the Saints at Chicago vs BWC’s Bears.

I thought 02 Bucs at Philly was an outlier given they had a generational defense and that these Bucs aren’t those Bucs at least defensively

I also felt after 3 straight NFC CG losses, 4th time would be the charm for Rodgers ala McNabb in 04

alas the Brady cold weather mystique and aura lives on

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
rodgers could've ran it in for the TD but another incompetent coaching job by GB. lafleur picked up right where mccarthy left off

It was one thing when LaFleur lost to Kyle Shanahan last year but I don’t think Arians was as good as the 49er coach.

guess I was wrong

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Given the track record of warm weather teams faltering in January cold, I was shocked Tampa won.

I thought this was gonna be like Vick’s Falcons at Philly in 04 or the Saints at Chicago vs BWC’s Bears.

I thought 02 Bucs at Philly was an outlier given they had a generational defense and that these Bucs aren’t those Bucs defensively

I also felt after 3 straight NFC CG losses, Rodgers would avoid 4 straight ala McNabb’s in 04

Brady is a bad weather QB. Not Brees or Manning who played in domes or warm weather.

different if he was in TB for a Decade.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

I thought 02 Bucs at Philly was an outlier given they had a generational defense and that these Bucs aren’t those Bucs at least defensively

I also felt after 3 straight NFC CG losses, 4th time would be the charm for Rodgers ala McNabb in 04

The D is pretty underrated probably because guys like Vea, Winfield, White, Whithead and Carlton Davis are really young. Not to mention that no one knows who is Lavonte David

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
And if Brady wins #7- no I don’t think he’ll walkoff with the ultimate mic drop.

he had repeatedly said he wants to play until he’s 45. Plus TB12 did sign a 2 year contract- not a 1 year deal aka the recently retired Rivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad