NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Championship Game: (1) Green Bay Packers vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

GB vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Packers. It's the first time Rodgers has an NFC Championship game at home, he's got receivers (unlike Brees) and knows how to use them, and won't keep all of his throws within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage (unlike Brees).

It'll be a replay of their matchup in 2014.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
It will be interesting to see how many people really hate Brady as much as they claim to because if there is another unified target of lots of ill will it’s the Green Bay Packers and their qb. :laugh:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Packers. It's the first time Rodgers has an NFC Championship game at home, he's got receivers (unlike Brees) and knows how to use them, and won't keep all of his throws within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage (unlike Brees).

It'll be a replay of their matchup in 2014.
I don’t see Brady being able to keep up with Rodgers if he’s on his game. Tom has weapons but isn’t able to use them the way Rodgers uses his. TB has to defend more than 15 yards past the LOS vs Rodgers compared to Brees.

I have to take GB in this one.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Packers by 13.

Green Bay’s offense is a totally different animal than what Tampa Bay had to plan for versus the Saints which is a dink and dunk offense. Minus the fake play TD by Winston, the Saints did not throw the ball once more than 20 yards today with Brees.

Rodgers is going to sling it all over the place and has mobility to get out of the pocket.

Murphy-Bunting played well on defense for Tampa today but, he looked banged up throughout. AB missed most of the game so we will have to see his availability and Jones still had the quad issue but toughed it out.

Weather will play a role as well.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Battle of the NFC Central.
Tampa is the one that got away. I think Rodgers is pejoratively focused for this one and the boys get it done. They’re playing quite well at the moment and I don’t see why they can’t score over 30. I think the defence will show up enough to do it.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I despise the Packers but I believe this is their game. Rodgers won't be stopped.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
An important factor that many are forgetting here is that the Packers took a 10-0 lead against the Bucs during their first contest before David Bahktiari got hurt, Rick Wagner moved to LT, and their offensive line completely folded in on itself leading to Rodgers playing sloppy and the game nose-diving completely. Even though the Packers are without Bahktiari again, this time they have Billy Turner out at LT (who has done a very respectable job in relief of Bahktiari) and have Wagner at RT where he has been consistently strong when called upon.

I bring this up because the Packers have not only fixed the issue that cost them the Chiefs game, but their offence has gotten considerably more efficient since then as well. They now have a 3 headed monster at RB, they are most efficient 3rd and long team in football, they're the #1 redzone offence, and they scored the most points in the NFL this year. Despite stalling on 2 drives, the Packers just dropped 32 on the best defence in football, we're just too strong for the Bucs to stop.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I don’t see why they can’t score over 30.
Don't see why Bucs can't score over 30 either.

Packers are more balanced team. They beat easily Rams, no doubt. But they win against two playoffs team in the regular season at all.

Good team but not unstoppable by any meaning. Our defense is also better.

Bucs with +30 against Washington and Saints - better D than Packers by a mile.

While Packers are clearly favourite, people once again selling short Tampa.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Don't see why Bucs can't score over 30 either.

Packers are more balanced team. They beat easily Rams, no doubt. But they win against two playoffs team in the regular season at all.

Good team but not unstoppable by any meaning. Our defense is also better.

Bucs with +30 against Washington and Saints - better D than Packers by a mile.

While Packers are clearly favourite, people once again selling short Tampa.
We beat the Saints, Titans, and Bears twice. That's 4.

I think obviously there's a path for the Bucs here, I just don't think it's particularly wide one. The problem is despite Tampa Bay's defence being better than ours it doesn't particularly matter in the end. There isn't a defence in football that can stall us for more than a drive or two, which means in order to beat us the Buccaneers would have to go shot for shot with us until the end. Which again isn't completely out of the realm of possibility with an offence as good as Tampa's, it's just going to be difficult to be that efficient as a warm weather team in Lambeau during winter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad