2021 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well someone claimed a Finnish website (ALLEGEDLY) leaked the 36 name list of the Russian roster (got this from Russian Olympics thread from the Tournament Board). Both our boys are listed.

Olympialaisten suursuosikki! Nämä pelaajat ovat ehdolla Venäjän kisakoneeseen

Russia´s 36-man list have been revealed. I copied this from the finnish website. Names are written in "finnish way" but I guess almost everybody will understand who they are. I was too tired to make a correction. :D

Goalies: Jaroslav Askarov, Aleksandr Samonov (molemmat SKA Pietari), Timur Biljalov (Ak Bars Kazan), Ivan Fedotov (TsSKA Moskova), Dmitri Shugaev (Severstal Tsherepovets).

Defense: Dmitri Vishnevski, Aleksandr Nikishin (molemmat Spartak Moskova), Vjatsheslav Voinov (Dinamo Moskova), Aleksandr Jelesin (Lokomotiv Jaroslavl), Artem Minulin, Jegor Jakovlev (molemmat Metallurg Magnitogorsk), Shakir Mukhamadullin (Salavat Julajev Ufa), Daniil Pjlenkov (SKA Pietari), Nikita Nesterov (TsSKA Moskova), Sergei Telegin (Traktor Tsheljabinsk), Semjon Tshistjakov, Damir Sharipzjanov (molemmat Avangard Omsk).

Forwards: Sergei Andronov, Mihail Grigorenko, Pavel Karnauhov, Sergei Plotnikov, Anton Slepyshev (kaikki TsSKA Moskova), Anton Burdasov, Nikita Gusev, Andrei Kuzmenko, Kirill Martsenko (kaikki SKA Pietari), Stanislav Galiev, Vadim Shipatshjov (molemmat Dinamo Moskova), Artem Galimov, Dmitri Voronkov (molemmat Ak Bars Kazan), Arseni Gritsjuk, Kirill Semenov (molemmat Avangard Omsk), Aleksandr Kadeikin (Salavat Julajev Ufa), Artur Kajumov (Lokomotiv Jaroslavl), Vladimir Tkatsov (Traktor Tsheljabinsk), Andrei Tshibisov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)

Artyom Anisimov and Konstantin Okulov are missing, which surprises me a bit.

A response to that post:

Nothing is official yet. That roster is based on a news outlet's 'insider information'

Probably very similar to what it's gonna be though.

Reactions: My3Sons

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
When can we expect to see '19 4th rounder Jaromir Pytlik come over? His numbers are hard to follow now that he's in the big Liiga. I hope his offensive game isnt stalling in growth

Also why did '21 3rd rounder Samu Salminen stay with Jokerit's U20 and not come over to UofDenver instead? He seems to have topped out on his numbers in that spot, though went from A to C

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
When can we expect to see '19 4th rounder Jaromir Pytlik come over? His numbers are hard to follow now that he's in the big Liiga. I hope his offensive game isnt stalling in growth

I assume never - he didn't have a 2021 season and seems to have washed out of both the Finnish and Czech leagues. They might bring him over on an AHL contract like they did with Popugaev, but signing a contract with the Devils will take a rebound year.

Also why did '21 3rd rounder Samu Salminen stay with Jokerit's U20 and not come over to UofDenver instead? He seems to have topped out on his numbers in that spot, though went from A to C

This was always the plan with him. Next year he should hopefully be one of the top forwards on U Denver.

Reactions: Rydev

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

As Triumph said, that seemed to the plan. Sometimes college teams will ask a player to wait instead of joining at 18; Ethan Edwards played his D+1 season in the USHL before joining Michigan for instance.

Usually it's due to not having enough spots and/or no guarantees of playing time so it'd be better for the player to stay in their current league. Taking a quick look at DU's lineup and it seems like their 1st/3rd line centers (Guttman/Stapley) could graduate and turn pro after the season.

Reactions: Rydev

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
As Triumph said, that seemed to the plan. Sometimes college teams will ask a player to wait instead of joining at 18; Ethan Edwards played his D+1 season in the USHL before joining Michigan for instance.

Usually it's due to not having enough spots and/or no guarantees of playing time so it'd be better for the player to stay in their current league. Taking a quick look at DU's lineup and it seems like their 1st/3rd line centers (Guttman/Stapley) could graduate and turn pro after the season.
I heard somewhere that it was about academics, that he was simply finishing up school so he attend college.

I don’t remember at all where I read that though, not even a little, so take it with a grain of salt. It might have just been a comment on main prospect board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad