2021 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Considering how many recent graduates we've had and how tepid some of our other prospects have started this season, am I crazy to think Gritsyuk is top-5 in our prospect pool? Outside of Luke, Holtz, and Shak I'm not sure there's any other guy in the system I'd take over him right now.

Foote and Stillman have been meh. All of the Utica D have been varying degrees of mediocre. Tyce has looked good but has been hurt most of the year, Clarke has produced well enough but not at an elite level.
As much as i like them and want them to all succeed, most of the forwards down the Devils’ depth chart were always most likely to be depth players. That’s been the report on the Devils farm for years; extremely deep but very light on high end skill.

Gritsyuk’s ceiling is quite a bit higher than someone like Thompson or Foote’s, but the latter two probably have a better chance of carving out NHL careers if all 3 don’t develop middle-6 offense.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

I wonder if the Devils have an advantage talking to a goalie like this since there is a possible future path for you to be an NHL goalie. You aren’t stuck behind an established starter and/or highly drafted prospect.

I see this guy is listed at 6’2”. As a 6’2” guy who played some goalie, it pains me to say he’s a little short for the modern goalie which could explain why he has had to take an unusual path.

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Moynihan is rounding out into a very nice bottom-6 forward prospect. His compete level is off the charts, his 200-foot game is very good, and he's got a bit of scoring pop. Just a tremendous pick in the 2019 6th round.
Question is this - does he return for his senior year or signs an ELC with us? Even if he goes back to Providence and can become a UFA, I still think based on his friendship with Hughes signs with us.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Question is this - does he return for his senior year or signs an ELC with us? Even if he goes back to Providence and can become a UFA, I still think based on his friendship with Hughes signs with us.

As a bottom 6 candidate drafted in the 6th round and best friends with the Devils star player, I don't see much of a risk of Moynihan leaving the organization if he is allowed to fulfill all 4 of his seasons at Providence College.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Healthy scratch?
Presumably they didn’t throw in a scrub sub over one of their best defensemen by choice but this article doesn’t say why and I don’t see another mention.

The Terriers were without junior defenseman Case McCarthy on Saturday night after missing junior defenseman Alex Vlasic for a majority of the game on Friday. Junior defenseman John Copeland filled in to take McCarthy’s place in the lineup.

“I thought [Copeland] played really well,” O’Connell said. “He played pretty simple, he played strong. I thought his breakouts were pretty good.” Copeland logged two shots on net and two blocks in his seventh game of the season.

Men’s Hockey completes weekend sweep against ASU – The Boston Hockey Blog

Reactions: Lou is God
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad